Snafu peg rear
Snafu tensioners
DMR Moto 2.2 ft tire
Halo Twin Rail 2.2 rr tire
Haro Premium Products 30t 1-piece sprocket/bash combo
Odyssey 13t cassette cog
Macneil integrated/rail-less seat and alloy seatpost combo
Wellgo MG-1 pedals

This bike is 3.5 pounds lighter than the setup I ran with my '04 R24. It also has a whopping 3/4" shorter backend as it's set up. This adds up to a much more agile ride. Fun fun.

Attachments

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
rpet said:
what's the weight on the 05 frame? I know the Haros lost weight from 03 to 04...
-r
Don't know. Didn't strip it down to the frame.

I can say that the frame/wheels/seatpost lost about 1.75 pounds. The frame from a much shorter backend and smaller dropouts. The wheels from 40 spokes (vs 48) and hollow axles (vs solid). The seatpost from alloy guts. Those are the only major changes I can come up with.

I'm running a smaller drivetrain than last year (30-13 cassette vs 36-15 FW) so that lost another 1/4 pound or so. Then I lost about a full pound with the Macneil seat/seatpost combo! That was crazy! Then another 1/2 pound in pedals (Wellgo MG-1 vs Azonic A-frames). That's my 3.5 pounds lighter (30.5 vs 34). I'm very excited!

PS- I'll get some better pics this week.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
First ride at the skatepark today. Felt just like my '04 comfort-wise, but with WAY more pop due to being alot lighter and alot shorter in the backend. Dropping a pound with the Macneil seat/seatpost combo made the weight feel much lower on the bike too. Definately required less muscle to ride. Two thumbs up!

Got some better pics today:

Attachments

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
rpet said:
Hey bulldog - do you ride 20" also? how tall are you?
I'll tool around on my friend's 20's for a run or two, but I'll never own one. At 6'1" and 230 the 20's just feel too small for me personally. My hands feel like they are down at my knees and my back hurts just rolling around.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Cool. yah I'm 6', 33 1/4" inseam. Been thinking about trying a 20", but I might just check out one of these nyquist 24" instead...

thanks!

-rob

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
damn! sweet! how much clearance does that thing have in the rear? i know mine, which is an '03 (ithink, its the one with sparkly blue paint, now brick brown) has really shotty clearance. i can barely fit my 1.85 maxx daddy's.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
mcA896 said:
damn! sweet! how much clearance does that thing have in the rear? i know mine, which is an '03 (ithink, its the one with sparkly blue paint, now brick brown) has really shotty clearance. i can barely fit my 1.85 maxx daddy's.
My '04 fit this 2.2 ok, it was tight close to touching my brake setup (Evolver mounted on the chainstays). But the '05 fits the 2.2 even better. Not close to the brake (now on the seatstays) and fits the frame easily. I knocked my wheel out of true pretty good the other day at the park and didn't know it until I got home because it wasn't rubbing anything.