Quantcast

presslab

Chimp
Jan 16, 2007
I had my ACLR May 21st 2008, hamstring graft. I rode my bike today, zero pain, a great ride. My hamstring is about 90%, but that's not surprising considering I am missing two muscles.

A bit of odd trivia - to this day if I point my toes on my reconstructed leg I can't lift my heel to touch my butt, it only goes half way. If I lift my toes the other way I can raise my lower leg all the way up. :crazy:

You're lucky, it took 3 years for the doc to agree on my surgery; stupid Kaiser.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I had my ACLR May 21st 2008, hamstring graft. I rode my bike today, zero pain, a great ride. My hamstring is about 90%, but that's not surprising considering I am missing two muscles.

A bit of odd trivia - to this day if I point my toes on my reconstructed leg I can't lift my heel to touch my butt, it only goes half way. If I lift my toes the other way I can raise my lower leg all the way up. :crazy:

You're lucky, it took 3 years for the doc to agree on my surgery; stupid Kaiser.
I had Kaiser do my knee, you have to push them to get things done quicker. I was 2 months after my MRI and I pushed it out another 3.

presslab

Chimp
Jan 16, 2007
I had Kaiser do my knee, you have to push them to get things done quicker. I was 2 months after my MRI and I pushed it out another 3.
They kept insisting that the ACL wasn't torn. I asked to see another doctor (at Kaiser) who said the same, that the repeated spraining of my knee was "psychological and not physiological."

After more than 2 years and a dozen office visits (with $20 co-pay) from repeated sprains they finally agreed to do an MRI and the surgery. Of course once they went in there (earliest appt. was 6 months later) they said the ACL was just a stump floating around in my knee and I have slight arthritis, no doubt from the repeated sprains.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You know, I have yet to see any type of bill or statement from my insurance company from this entire ordeal. Initial doc visit, xray, MRI, ultrasound, two knee immobilizers, crutches, pre-op appointment, surgery, two follow up appointments and 17 physical therapy sessions. Not a thing. You'd think after eight weeks I'd get something in the mail. I am guessing it has something to do with the fact that my employer (where I had the surgery) also owns my insurance company, making the billing seemless. I don't know. I'm curious what this would have cost me. Friggin Toshi.