Quantcast

Pop Ups?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Me too. Fun Web Products. Stupid Screen Saver ads won't go away without closing RM.

** they pop up whenever I PM ** :nuts:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
this is annoying as hell.
All kinds of sh!t now it's gettin worse.

can't install mozilla at work

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
llkoolkeg said:
What the fvck...I can't lurk anymore for fear of popups and now I can't login either!
I didn't know you felt that way. I would be happy to pay for your lurking time on RM. Give me a minute and I'll remove the ads.

I don't know whats up with those pops. One of the networks is obviously messed up today.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I just loaded a page that loaded an exe!
thanks to mozilla's popup blocker, I don't have a problem w/ those.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i just got one on this page and dont see a banner at all. i x'd it out and it it sent an error saying i have to click yes, i clicked no and it threw up another error. gotten that one about 5 times today.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow vi just got slammed again with popular screensavers and fun web products, bout 5 of em right after i posted that last reply

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
biggins said:
i just got one on this page and dont see a banner at all. i x'd it out and it it sent an error saying i have to click yes, i clicked no and it threw up another error. gotten that one about 5 times today.
Yeah, I just got two dialog boxes asking if I wanted to install crap from Gain and also from someplace called Media Motor.

FYI - this is the first time I've gotten popups on Ridemonkey.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
Well this sucks. I'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks - I have only gotten that thing twice, but it would likely run for someone on IE with out protection of some sort. That is the one thing that sucks about the Internet.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Atomic Dog said:
I'm getting them as well. :angry:

Keep getting this stupid thing also...
I got this one the other day, too. It downloads spyware. The IT guy came over and cleaned off over 200 files, some of which were data miners. I'd suggest you all take a look at you hard drives.

The Cheese

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ridemonkey said:
Well this sucks. I'll try to get to the bottom of it.
I identified the publisher and contacted them. They say one of their third party publishers has slipped this crap in and they are trying to locate the offender. These spyware companies must present themselves as legitimate businesses, set up legit ads and then do a switch later on when they think nobody will notice. Low. :eviltongu

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
whats the best free spyware program to run. im using windows ME with internet explorer and a cable modem. i will be upgrading to XP pro this weekend though.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
SuzyCreamcheese said:
I got this one the other day, too. It downloads spyware. The IT guy came over and cleaned off over 200 files, some of which were data miners. I'd suggest you all take a look at you hard drives.

The Cheese

I feel so violated after reading this.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
biggins said:
whats the best free spyware program to run. im using windows ME with internet explorer and a cable modem. i will be upgrading to XP pro this weekend though.

adaware 6.XX

www.lavasoft.de if memory serves me right

since i installed Firefox.... i got a 99% decrease in the number of spyware stuff that adaware detects....

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
biggins said:

Ad-aware along with Spy-bot. If your running IE, the Google toolbar is helpful at blocking unwanted pop-ups. On a side note: I found RM to be alot slower on my machine with fire-fox...