Quantcast

Popups on ridemonkey?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm getting a bunch of popups on here, I'm on computers at school so I don't know what popup blockers the computers are running (if any)..... but aren't popups something that are integrated into the site? Is there a problem with ridemonkey???

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Logged in users should not get pop-ups. Are you logged in? If you are logged in and are still seeing them - then the computer is probably infected with adware.

Jay Gatz

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
NE for college, CO when i can
I was just about to make a post about this. yes, logged in (otherwise i couldnt post). i adaware and spybot S&D regularly, so i'm pretty confident i dont have spyware.

i've gotten the popup for a registery cleaner (how ironic) and something else, cant rememebr what. the registry cleaner one is the same as the banner ad, just bigger-so its gotta be related to it.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Are you talking about banner ads that drop down? I've been getting those too, I used to get a lot of blue cross pop ups, but they seem to have stopped.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Ridemonkey said:
Logged in users should not get pop-ups. Are you logged in? If you are logged in and are still seeing them - then the computer is probably infected with adware.

YOU ARE BANNED!!!

Just look:

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM, ADVERTISE, OR ABUSE THIS BULLETIN BOARD. PLEASE DO NOT POST OR USE YOUR AFFILIATE LINK OR ANY PERSONS AFFILIATE LINK ANYWHERE ON THIS BB. PLEASE DO NOT POST TIPS, QUESTIONS, AND IDEAS THAT DEAL WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO DEFEATING A VENDORS TRACKING ABILITY, CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS, ELIMINATING POP UP WINDOWS , OR ANY PROCEDURE THAT VIOLATES A VENDORS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE USE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE AND TONE ON THIS BULLETIN BOARD. THIS INCLUDES YOUR USER NAME AND ALL YOUR POSTS. INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR IS NEVER PERMITTED HERE. INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR GUARANTEES THAT ALL YOUR POSTS ARE DELETED.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Huh? Who's banned? Anyway, they're not explorer windows but little windows in the browser I already have open (the one that has ridemonkey open). It's usually for "date.com" and some other site that has a green planet pic, but they go away when I click elsewhere on the page. It's when I'm logged in and has happened on multiple computers. I know that the computers at my school go deep-freeze when they're shut off and everything put on the HD gets wiped. I dunno, it could be that adaware gets installed each day and it shows up when I go on this site...... I really don't know.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
zane said:
Huh? Who's banned? Anyway, they're not explorer windows but little windows in the browser I already have open (the one that has ridemonkey open). It's usually for "date.com" and some other site that has a green planet pic, but they go away when I click elsewhere on the page. It's when I'm logged in and has happened on multiple computers. I know that the computers at my school go deep-freeze when they're shut off and everything put on the HD gets wiped. I dunno, it could be that adaware gets installed each day and it shows up when I go on this site...... I really don't know.
You're getting drop down banner ads it sounds like. I'm guessing that there's nothing that RM can do about it unless they decide to disallow certain advertisements from being displayed. I doubt that they'd be willing to take a hit to the pocket book like that though.

Jay Gatz

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
NE for college, CO when i can
yeah, its the drop down things, but they pop up even when you dont hover your mouse over them (they dont even have to be on the screen).

havent gotten one yet today, though.

eliminating popups is illegal activity? afk jail.]

EDIT: the saturn bingo one does it too.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Jay Gatz said:
yeah, its the drop down things, but they pop up even when you dont hover your mouse over them (they dont even have to be on the screen).

havent gotten one yet today, though.

eliminating popups is illegal activity? afk jail.

That quote from BB is from the rules of another forum - nothing to pay attention to.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, it is the pop-down banners. I don't ever click on or hover near them though, it's when my mouse is elsewhere on the page. Strange.....