Quantcast

Porcupine Tree

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I saw them last night at the Fox in Boulder. :thumb: Damn, what a show. A friend of mine got me listening to them a couple of weeks ago. That was an awesome concert, those guys kick ass!!!

So, what other awesome progressive rock am I missing out on since I just now heard of Porcupine Tree?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
manhattanprjkt83 said:
they are amazing i was supposed to see them in cleveland...but i didnt :dead:
bummer. Keep watching their tour dates because they said they would be back through Boulder in October. So, maybe they will hit Cleveland again.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
i cant go to the porqupine tree here in seattle tonight because its an 18 and over show, im jealous of my bro

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
New Dream Theater comes out on Tuesday! I'm on top of that one. Another one that a friend of mine gave me was James Labrie's solo CD '- Elements of Persuasion. AWESOME!!!

I cant go to the porqupine tree here in seattle tonight because its an 18 and over show
Bummer......Too bad you aren't close to Boulder. It was an all ages show.

Check out Isis as well.
Will do. Thanks!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
If you like Porcupine Tree look for a self titled CD called Blackfield - Steven Wilson, the main man behind PT is behind this involved in Blackfield as well.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
my brother said that porqupine tree was one of the best concerts he has ever been to,

thanks for the other music reccomendations

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
LordOpie said:
But they suck in concert.
They are one of the few bands that can actually play well, live. They do a good stage show (prolly not the best), but they're up there playing som difficult music.

Great band.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Almost everyone who likes DT live is a musician themselves. Yes, they're brilliant, but to non-musicians, pretty boring.

Even the old men of King Crimson put on a more entertaining show.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
theFOOT said:
my brother said that porqupine tree was one of the best concerts he has ever been to,

thanks for the other music reccomendations
Ask your brother for more details. Is he a big fan? What did their setlist contain?

Did they play a lot of stuff from the new "Deadwing" CD?

Had to bump this up a bit for a great band. :thumb:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
MMcG said:
Ask your brother for more details. Is he a big fan? What did their setlist contain?

Did they play a lot of stuff from the new "Deadwing" CD?

Had to bump this up a bit for a great band. :thumb:
They did a little over half of Deadwing. (at least my recollection) They started the show with Deadwing. THey hit Lazarus, Halo, Arriving Somewhere...., Shesmovedon and I think Open Car. They also did some stuff off of their first CD (a remaster of it is getting released) and touched on a few others. They said they'll be back in CO in October, so I should be more familiar by then to give you a setlist.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
They had a few lights, but not any more than they needed just to show off the band members. I don't know if they did that on purpose or if it was the size of the Fox Theater. It's a pretty small area. They didn't really need it though, their playing was enough for the show.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morryjg said:
They had a few lights, but not any more than they needed just to show off the band members. I don't know if they did that on purpose or if it was the size of the Fox Theater. It's a pretty small area. They didn't really need it though, their playing was enough for the show.
Damn I'm jealous!

How was the sound?

Did they have extra band members? John Wesley on guitar maybe?

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
my bro said that they played a lot off of deadwing, and he said of the songs on that cd he doesnt like, they only played one, he isnt home right now, but ill ask him when i see him next.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
MMcG said:
Damn I'm jealous!

How was the sound?

Did they have extra band members? John Wesley on guitar maybe?
Sound kicked ass!! John was on guitar and even sang one of the tracks off of a previous album. I can't remember which song now though. It was cool to watch Steve, he was really intense. We were only about 10' from stage which was awesome. I can't find any pics of the inside of the Fox, but it is a small venue which was completely awesome.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morryjg said:
Sound kicked ass!! John was on guitar and even sang one of the tracks off of a previous album. I can't remember which song now though. It was cool to watch Steve, he was really intense. We were only about 10' from stage which was awesome. I can't find any pics of the inside of the Fox, but it is a small venue which was completely awesome.
The Fox seems like a place that hosts progressive rock bands. I think Marillion and Fish have also played there from time to time on the jaunts across the big pond haven't they?

I've missed seeing PT on two different occassions now - it would be awesome if they swung back along the East Coast before heading back to the UK.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
MMcG said:
The Fox seems like a place that hosts progressive rock bands. I think Marillion and Fish have also played there from time to time on the jaunts across the big pond haven't they?

I've missed seeing PT on two different occassions now - it would be awesome if they swung back along the East Coast before heading back to the UK.

They are on "the Hill" in Boulder. It's right next to CU so they get a huge college crowd. They always get people that are not mainstream type performers. I was looking at their schedule the other day and they get it all there. There's rappers, jazz, rock, etc. (John Schofield later this summer. :thumb: ) on their line up. Check it out.... Linky