Quantcast

Port Angeles shuttle cudos

shuttlefever

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
Todays event at Port Angeles was really awesome!! The folks that organized the event were fantastic and the riding was great!! There was never a long line waiting for the trucks. And the weather was great (which is a switch for us folks from the seattle area). So THANK YOU!!!!! for a great day riding my bike!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Shuttlefever~

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Agreed. Today was off the hook. We need more Olympic Dirt Societies in the world - those folks did a top-shelf job once again. Trails were, as I like to say when it's applicable, optimal. Weather couldn't have been more perfect. Hell, I even won a crankset and my buddy scored the frame!!!
Aside from a few buddies of mine that couldn't make it for various reasons, the only other downer of the day would have to be hearing about Bart stacking it pretty bad. Healing vibes!!!

Today was epic.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Hopefully you guys show them how great it was and they deceide to put on a race again. That race 2 years ago was one of the funnest races I've ever been to. The crwods lining the 4x track was awesome. I have my fingers crossed that next year we all will be meeting there to race.

shuttlefever

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Enumclaw Wa.
gonna miss the black rock thing this time, its too soon after whistler on mem day weekend. need time to recover. Plus whistler is expensive so the black rock thing is not an affordable option. When is the next one?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I am pretty sure, judging by how much green/pink paint I had on my left shoulder from cutting a bit too close to the trees, you guys may have to repaint a few markers :P

Amazing amount of fun for sure! You guys ran a super chill yet super organized event...big thanks for everything!

jid2

Chimp
May 4, 2007
Auburn - Redmond, WA
Super RAD!

That was an awesome time. For a truely Grassroots event that was better than some of the big-time productions I've been too. The trails were in great shape: all taped off and painted up. That was my first time up there and it was super fun hauling down the trails "blind" because they were so well prepped.

I'd only been riding tight/slow trails on my new bike and it felt nice to open it up and let it rip. PA is offically sweet.

Sounds like fun, That was just too far for me to drive this weekend.
Got PICS ?:picsstfu:

Any of you guys from up North hitting the Black Rock shuttle day on the 2nd ?
Pix from PA at http://karenjohanson.smugmug.com/gallery/2832754
I might head down to Black Rock but don't know if I'll be riding or shooting. If enough people want pix (and would actually buy prints or digital files), I might be motivated to shoot ;-)