Quantcast

Port Angeles Spring Shuttler 2009

bmxerben2000

Chimp
Sep 11, 2008
Why must the PA spring shuttle always happen the day before college finals? Haven't been able to make it in past years always for the same reason. I suppose I'll just have to make it next year, finally.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Why must the PA spring shuttle always happen the day before college finals? Haven't been able to make it in past years always for the same reason. I suppose I'll just have to make it next year, finally.

I missed the last couple for the same reason. There was just way too much going on at that time..generally all nighters that weekend trying to get term projects done. Glad it is over!!! You will be 'out' soon :cheers:

At least last year they did a fall/end of season shuttle.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
I hopefully will be making the big trek from school (B.C.) since I don't have finals for another month after that. So stoked to ride at P.A. again!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Don't forget Sat/Sun is daylight savings time so set your clocks right or be last in line!

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I've never been to Dry Hill before, my buddy and I are thinking of making the trip out from Seattle. Is it worth the trip?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
trails are so fun, should be there, make sure I bring my 25$ cash for the insurance if I do come over, plus shuttle fees of course.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
So the weatherman reported over a foot of snow fell in PA yesterday...are you guys still planning to hold onto this date?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
The snowfall was pretty strange. There was a foot in Sequim where I work, and at the same time there was only about an inch west of Port Angeles.

I just drove up into the Elwha river National Park area, and it was bone dry.
Dry Hill is looking good as well. I will be riding tomorrow.

As of now the Shuttle day is still definitely a go.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Whats the status of the Hood Canal bridge? I remember hearing from someone that they are going to be doing work on it in the near future, forcing a drive around through Tacoma narrows bridge> Any info on this would be appreciated.
-edit- The Hood canal bridge will be closed for 6 weeks starting on May 1 2009:imstupid:

Last edited:

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Whats the status of the Hood Canal bridge? I remember hearing from someone that they are going to be doing work on it in the near future, forcing a drive around through Tacoma narrows bridge> Any info on this would be appreciated.
-edit- The Hood canal bridge will be closed for 6 weeks starting on May 1 2009:imstupid:
The Hood Canal bridge connects the Kitsap Peninsula with the Olympic Peninsula so going over the Tacoma bridge only means you're entering Kitsap and still have to cross the HC bridge. You'd have to catch Hwy. 101 down in Olympia to get over there - now that will suck.:disgust1:

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
The Hood Canal bridge connects the Kitsap Peninsula with the Olympic Peninsula so going over the Tacoma bridge only means you're entering Kitsap and still have to cross the HC bridge. You'd have to catch Hwy. 101 down in Olympia to get over there - now that will suck.:disgust1:

Narrows to Belfair then up around Hoodsport, nice drive not that much farther and no ferry.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Hehe well the current forecast for sunday is calling for a wet one! Not to mention a lot of rain throughout the rest of the week.. but I love PA in all conditions.