Quantcast

port angeles trip feb 8,9 and 10th

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
hey guys ill be heading over to port angeles w/ some buddies feb. 8, 9 and 10th for some good ol shuttle runs. if your interested post up it will be a good ol'3 days w/ sick riding. we will be riding the 3 local spots. let me know if you wana come.

-Kris

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
kris, you guys should hit up those hella sick dj's over there, i would love to see some footage and pictures of those, nicest looking dj's ive ever seen, the dirts perfect, theres hundreds of lines! starting ramp, well mantained, im popping one just thinking of em. connor knows where they are, i think you showed him?

anyways have fun guys, you should go up, i think me and dan and peter and everyone wanna go over in april.

wish i could go, i got 1-3 more weeks, ill know fer sure tmrw!

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
no i have a break b/c parent teacher conf. for the new semester. its west of seattle its a bout 2 hours, one farry ride and 1 hour ish of driving. one of the better dh spots in washington imo

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
good luck with that i might try to make out that sat. dry hill is butta joyce is also butta thanks to the locals i took a few runs on it sun. i am afraid that the horse trail is probably unrideable at this time it doesn't sound like it has been cleared from all the storms in dec and i think i heard they were logging it

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
brap. should be good times. looking forward to cleaning the super sketch drop to off camber log to roll down over off camber wet roots this time... who knows if it'll happen...

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
good luck with that i might try to make out that sat. dry hill is butta joyce is also butta thanks to the locals i took a few runs on it sun. i am afraid that the horse trail is probably unrideable at this time it doesn't sound like it has been cleared from all the storms in dec and i think i heard they were logging it
oo its thst one trail that we rode before. yes i want to ride it im wondering if its still being logged. thats sweet lookin forward to rding w/ ya casey

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I'm going out thursday evening after I get off from work. So if anyone needs a ride AKA wants to pay for my gas and ferry...

how far is it from you guys? north south east west of seattle?
It's roughly 2.5 hours from seattle, that including the ferry ride. Here are rough directions
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%3d%3d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=seattle&1s=WA&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=Port+Angeles&2s=WA&2z=&r=f

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
i might go.... mid winter break is the next week, and im gonna be doing blow in mexicoooo

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
NO problem, as long as you guys don't mind packing away in my suitcase! It might be a little cramped, and you might get the gloved hand treatment through customs, but it gets the job done.

Jun 18, 2004
Wasn't this going to involve some digging as much or more than riding???
If anybody has a chainsaw out there I'd like to remove some of the wood on either side of that 'humpback' bridge to the log on Limbo (if I have the trail name right)...

I fell of it last time and all of those logs on either side makes it a potential problem for somebody like me...

not sure if everybody else see's it that way or not... if you guys want that worked on I'll supply the Norweigan steam...

~Mike

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
If I am thinking of the same one (ie the one we worked on a bit) it's pretty nice. We didn't do anything with the right curve in the dip there but the 90 degree right is now a cedar berm similar to the one down lower. It seems to flow very nice. All we really need to do on Limbo is remodel the jump to flat just before that. Everyone hates it and so do I. I think we are going to focus on a different trail in the works though. It's more of a connector, kinda up and down, but will link up some nice routes.

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
I was talking about the one down lower where we took out the skinny. The one you're talking about is virtually unchanged and works fine. You can go pretty fast through there if you pre-jump the roller.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
If I am thinking of the same one (ie the one we worked on a bit) it's pretty nice. We didn't do anything with the right curve in the dip there but the 90 degree right is now a cedar berm similar to the one down lower. It seems to flow very nice. All we really need to do on Limbo is remodel the jump to flat just before that. Everyone hates it and so do I. I think we are going to focus on a different trail in the works though. It's more of a connector, kinda up and down, but will link up some nice routes.
sweet ill be up for that.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I am heading out after work tonight at around 6:30 or 7:00. Then will be heading home Saturday afternoon/evening depending on how I'm feeling or what's going on over there. If anyone else wants to come last minute and needs a ride, I am more than willing to give a ride if you pitch in for gas and ferry. If you're interested give me a call 206-619-7289