Quantcast

Port Angeles, WA – Pro GRT 1

Photos By: Stephanie Wolf & Mike Lord / six3events.com

Words by: Quinton Spaulding

The KHS factory team recently attended the Pro GRT # 1 in Port Angeles, WA. and it was tuff trying to maintain warmth in the North West during this event.

Our Factory Team was proud to be "sporting" all their new iXS Gear!

Scoping lines throughout this track was a task at times, but there were some good steep sections for sure!

Chris Heath looked really good on track leading up to his race run... he was dialed!

Heath is putting a lot of his efforts into fitness training for 2011, and it's already beginning to pay off!

He had the strongest finish for the team, taking the "Marzocchi Golden Shock" and a top 20 in 13th place.

Kevin Aiello had a pretty rough weekend, he took 2 big crashes!

He still managed to put in a HUGE effort for his race run Sunday, (with limited practice) finishing 21st amongst 91 fast pro competitors.

Binggeli looked to be on pace during practice.

After a small crash in his qualifying run, he secured a strong finish only 5 seconds back off the pace, this gave him confidence for a top 5 finish.

The rain dampened his confidence during the finals, leaving him a little off pace in 43rd.

I felt super comfortable the entire weekend.

I snatched the number 1 Vet pro qualifying spot Saturday and was pumped for Sunday's race.

I had a solid race run and took the win!

KHS on top of the podium! Off to the Sea Otter Classic, trading the colder, wetter North West region for the warmer California sunshine in Monterey Bay.

Until next time,

Q.