Quantcast

Port Orchard 1/22-1/23?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Port Orchard indoor BMX. You can race a Mtn bike in the "cruiser class"
Usually there are enough mtbers there that we get our own heat so you aren't racing a bunch of kids on little bikes.
It's fun. Buff course, good flow, great dirt.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
black sunshine said:
kids on little bikes?
One of the most intimidating things for advanced mountain bikers is getting schooled by 12 yr olds. I'll admit some of those kids throw down.

I was trying to say that the intimidation factor is much lower when we don't have to race the cruiser class. ALMOST everyone in the MTB class is a rookie at doing gate starts. I know I had never done one.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Freak and I headed out there for the first time today.....what a blast!!! I defiitely have to work on getting the balancing thing at the gate down, but still had a great time getting my butt whopped by all the other boys in the mtb class :D

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
A good time was had by all. S*** Weasle dug his new frame :thumb: . He was in such good spirits he didn't even bite the resident barn dog. Two gates of mtbs with 3 moto transfer to the main.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Velocity Girl said:
Freak and I headed out there for the first time today.....what a blast!!! I defiitely have to work on getting the balancing thing at the gate down, but still had a great time getting my butt whopped by all the other boys in the mtb class :D
You made it out there? cool! Yeah, that gate thing can suck - I hated it, than one day it just clicked and I was like, ohhhh. I didn't make it out to PI - got home too late after the Gathering and just slept in.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
black sunshine said:
I didn't make it out to PI - got home too late after the Gathering and just slept in.

blah blah blah
Hahaha - you trying to start an internet fight with me? Don't be doing that or I'll go 6th grade on ya!
:D

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Go on with your 6th grade self. That just means SW can have at you that much harder cause he really is in 6th grade. Missed you out there. A lot of old school names showed up.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
11 years old and has a 34" inseam. He doesn't eat meals he just grazes from the time he wakes up until he goes to sleep.