Quantcast

Portable bike wash

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I've sent this sort of thing in the hands of blokes in the UK in the carparks of their trail centres -- looking for a portable bike wash with a tank. Living in an apartment in a city, I get frowned upon by everyone from the building porter to the missues when I am sashaying through the lobby with a dirty bike on my way up the elevator into my apartment to hang said filthy bike on the wall.

Anyone using one stateside? Pressure washer an option?

I've sent this sort of thing in the hands of blokes in the UK in the carparks of their trail centres -- looking for a portable bike wash with a tank. Living in an apartment in a city, I get frowned upon by everyone from the building porter to the missues when I am sashaying through the lobby with a dirty bike on my way up the elevator into my apartment to hang said filthy bike on the wall.

Anyone using one stateside? Pressure washer an option?
A pressure washer would be hell on bearings...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hand pressurized sprayer full of water? Like for gardening? Soft brush to knock off most of the dirt?
This can work pretty well, plus it's never going to screw up bearings. Good brushes that can reach all the parts is the important part. The tires are the hardest part. A stiffer brush helps and the wetter the environment, the better. Best time to wash a bike is when it's raining.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Garden sprayer FTW!

I use mine for all sorts of crap, beach days, MTB trips, keeping the blade cool cutting cement, fire extinguisher, cleaning dirt off PVC sprinkler pipes, washing my hands while the water is shut off for plumbing, etc.

Just make sure you have a dedicated "Water Only" sprayer, assuming you use herbicides, you don't want that shit all over everything.