Quantcast

Portable Sony PS2

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A friend of mine shows up last night with a portble PS2 and wants me to thow some music on it. I plug it in, go to USB mode, it shows up on my OSX desktop as an untitled drive, I drag and drop from iTunes, and from a folder of music, the memory card shows memory being used, but the music is no where to be found.

Who know how to do this?

Also, even as a huge fan of Apple, this thing kicks an iPod's ass!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
stinkyboy said:
A friend of mine shows up last night with a portble PS2 and wants me to thow some music on it. I plug it in, go to USB mode, it shows up on my OSX desktop as an untitled drive, I drag and drop from iTunes, and from a folder of music, the memory card shows memory being used, but the music is no where to be found.

Who know how to do this?

Also, even as a huge fan of Apple, this thing kicks an iPod's ass!

The Music has to be in a specific directory structure. I think it's PSP\Music\{album title}. If you google "PSP directory structure music" you should find it.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Do you mean a PSP? The handheld ones? It is hard to put anything on those. You need to have special software to put videos on it as well. Music.... let me think how I did mine. If itis a PSP, tell me, I can tell you how.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
The Music has to be in a specific directory structure. I think it's PSP\Music\{album title}. If you google "PSP directory structure music" you shouls find it.
On the mounted drive I only see a couple files (desktop info I guess), and no folders to drop anything into...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
ThePriceSeliger said:
Do you mean a PSP? The handheld ones? It is hard to put anything on those. You need to have special software to put videos on it as well. Music.... let me think how I did mine. If itis a PSP, tell me, I can tell you how.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ok, it's a PSP. The Sony Memort Stick Duo is in the side, you need to plug the PSP or memory card into your computer. You open up the memory card in a folder, and creat a sub-folder and name it "Music". Click and drag MP3 format music. It can ONLY be MP3. Music from the I-tunes music sotre won't work because it will be locked and is in a different format. So only MP3's and in the folder names Music.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
You don't need special software for videos you just put it in the right directorys. I think sony should give that psp manager stuff away free since it is an aspect of the psp but oh well its easy enough to figure out. Just google PSP and mp3 or PSP and video.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
mobius said:
You don't need special software for videos you just put it in the right directorys. I think sony should give that psp manager stuff away free since it is an aspect of the psp but oh well its easy enough to figure out. Just google PSP and mp3 or PSP and video.
I didn't mean special softwear for the actual PSP, I have software on my computer that takes the video and changes the format into the right format so it will go onto the PSP.