Quantcast

Portland and Vancouver- What happened?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
What happened to all the portland and vancouver (wa) area riders who used to be on here? I remember a few years ago when we had a ride planned every weekend on this forum....

Well, Hi to everyone else on here. I've been out of the freeride/dh scene for a bit to take care of everything life has thrown at me but I'm back.:cheers:

Damn, we have a lot more smileys now too. :D :banana: :spam:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I'm new to the pdx area. I've been out to post a bit and am getting into trials. Its cross season though so mostly trail building for mtb right now.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I'm still around and riding in the Portland area. I bought your EBCO a few years back and am still riding that, too.

-Sam
Hi! I remember you, and that bike too. I miss it sometimes...

I ended up building another bmx about a year after I sold that to you. :biggrin:

Where have you been riding lately?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hi! I remember you, and that bike too. I miss it sometimes...

I ended up building another bmx about a year after I sold that to you. :biggrin:

Where have you been riding lately?
As far as BMX goes, I've been riding at Glenhaven skate park, which is pretty close to home, and out and about. I have an empty (for now) and covered pool at the house which is good for after-work bits, but is too tight for anything serious. I do get comments on the EBCO, or about me, every time I go out. They vary from, "rad... haven't seen one of those in a while" to, "your old and have hair on your face!"

If you're getting back into downhill and looking to get out, please give me a shout on RM and I'll get you my contact info. I typically spend most of the winter with snow sports, but try to ride until December or so.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
As far as BMX goes, I've been riding at Glenhaven skate park, which is pretty close to home, and out and about. I have an empty (for now) and covered pool at the house which is good for after-work bits, but is too tight for anything serious. I do get comments on the EBCO, or about me, every time I go out. They vary from, "rad... haven't seen one of those in a while" to, "your old and have hair on your face!"

If you're getting back into downhill and looking to get out, please give me a shout on RM and I'll get you my contact info. I typically spend most of the winter with snow sports, but try to ride until December or so.
I'm definitely looking to get out on my new (to me) FR bike once I get a couple parts for it, namely a lighter shock spring. I haven't been on my bmx much lately due to school and housework but I would love to shred an empty pool.....

I'll send ya a PM and we'll have to get together sometime.

I'm new to the pdx area. I've been out to post a bit and am getting into trials. Its cross season though so mostly trail building for mtb right now.
Hi! We'll have to get out to post this year if we can catch a dry weekend.

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
I am still here! Though my DH season ended early because of medical reasons.:disgust1: I may get the big bike out for a late season run, but I am anxoiusly waiting to get the skibike on some snow!!!

Duane

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
the scene died when i left. QED. :D
Toshi!

Do you even have a mtb anymore? You should come down for a ride...

I am still here! Though my DH season ended early because of medical reasons.:disgust1: I may get the big bike out for a late season run, but I am anxoiusly waiting to get the skibike on some snow!!!

Duane
Hey, have we met before? I think we may have....

Last edited:

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
What happened to all the portland and vancouver (wa) area riders who used to be on here? I remember a few years ago when we had a ride planned every weekend on this forum....

Well, Hi to everyone else on here. I've been out of the freeride/dh scene for a bit to take care of everything life has thrown at me but I'm back.:cheers:

Damn, we have a lot more smileys now too. :D :banana: :spam:

i'm sort of new to pdx, not really ballsy freeride but i'm definitely pro-shuttle-whoring.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi!

Do you even have a mtb anymore? You should come down for a ride...
nope, no mtb. just an electric bike (for commuting -- i built it myself! it rocks.) and the roadie. just as well since i'm working 65-85 hrs/week during this slave-year i must endure. come this upcoming july i'll be off to new york...

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Zane, I don't think so! I believe we have talked about hooking up before, we need to do that! I am going into my skibike season now and won't do much DH till spring. Give me a shout then . Where do you Ride?

Nathan how you doing? I am back in shape now but I have another medical procedure to look forward to in a couple weeks, I'll find out then if I am going to need surgery.:clue::eek:

Hey if any of you local boys want to try a skibike this winter, give me a shout!
I have usually got a spare skibike or I can kit-up one of yours.:cheers:

Duane

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
we should all rock a syncline shuttle day if we get some good weather as well, always a good time.

rubberdown

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
Portland is still alive & kicking... we just went underground secret squirrel stylee!!

Hey, check out the top of the NW board here, I just put up a huge ride out at syncline on the 16th!!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Portland is still alive & kicking... we just went underground secret squirrel stylee!!

Hey, check out the top of the NW board here, I just put up a huge ride out at syncline on the 16th!!
I saw the post, I'll definitely try to make it out.

It seems like all of you trailhead/WSFR guys are keeping things going around here. I take a look at your board every so often to see what's up.