Quantcast

Portland area riding this weekend?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Who's riding around the p-town area this weekend? Post canyon? Falls city?

If the weather holds out we'll probably be at post canyon one of the days, most likely sunday.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
lets ride post canyon or syncline tomorrow. I think im still too sick to do the falls city hike without dieing, and its supposed to rain in hood river sunday... so i think tomorrow would be best.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
lets ride post canyon or syncline tomorrow. I think im still too sick to do the falls city hike without dieing, and its supposed to rain in hood river sunday... so i think tomorrow would be best.
Hey! Who's been using my MC computer? :nope:
just kidding.

We could hit Syncline Sunday, I'm not worried at all about a chance of rain there. Zane you'd love that place to try out your Clif Cat.
Here's some photos I took last Saturday of Jim Bob (from SMT) hitting the last part of Little Moab.

I'd really like to go back to Falls City. That place absolutely kills Post Canyon, except the ride up, but I have an answer to that now too. :thumb:

I wouldn't mind hitting the dirt jumps at Meldrum Bar either.

Anyone else out there want to join us for a ride?

Attachments

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
Who's riding around the p-town area this weekend? Post canyon? Falls city?

If the weather holds out we'll probably be at post canyon one of the days, most likely sunday.
OK Zane. Were taking my car to Post Canyon. Be ready to leave around 10:00 am Saturday.
No Excuse!!! You started this thread, and I'm driving.

Anyone else going?

Tim

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, this weekend didn't quite work out for me. I made plans with caitlin on saturday, and sunday was crap weather. Oh well.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
zane said:
Yeah, this weekend didn't quite work out for me. I made plans with caitlin on saturday, and sunday was crap weather. Oh well.
Hey, Post Canyon was fantastic on Sunday.
Zane, you've got that nice new DH bike, maybe Caitlin can borrow it from you and come riding with us next time we go.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
haha, you're funny.... spending time with someone you love ranks pretty damn high on my list of things to do (higher than riding), especially when you won't see them for a couple weeks.

And I decided it would be better to study for finals on sunday, which is also higher on my list than bike riding. It sucks making under 15k a year while living on my own and going to college full time, I'd like to start my career ASAP and make over 40k a year. My future is a lot more important than the present......

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
TWISTED said:
Hey, Post Canyon was fantastic on Sunday.
Zane, you've got that nice new DH bike, maybe Caitlin can borrow it from you and come riding with us next time we go.
^^^ that was Tim not me... forgot to log out of the work computer. Anyways, PC was fun... we found an extra 2 or so miles of trail to make for a really long run. I'm probably going to do some trail riding this week, so if you or anyone else wants to come let me know.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
eknomf said:
^^^ that was Tim not me... forgot to log out of the work computer. Anyways, PC was fun... we found an extra 2 or so miles of trail to make for a really long run. I'm probably going to do some trail riding this week, so if you or anyone else wants to come let me know.
Myself and three other riders will be hitting up PC this coming saturday somewhere around 130 in the afternoon. Be great to hook up with some locals again. We've been there only once before so the memory is a little sketchy.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Hahahaha! It's funnier coming from Ryan.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
radjockette said:
Myself and three other riders will be hitting up PC this coming saturday somewhere around 130 in the afternoon. Be great to hook up with some locals again. We've been there only once before so the memory is a little sketchy.
That sounds pretty good. Ryan will be in Whistler, I'm too poor to go there, and Falls City will probably be muddy. Maybe I can meet you and we can shuttle.
Tim