Quantcast

Portland Indoor BMX, mtb class too

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
:thumb: new Indoor BMX in Milwaukie, OR :thumb:
It should be way more fun than dodging little kids on razor scooters at the skate park. If there are enough mtb's they will have their own class.
OK who's gonna show up to beat me?

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:02:08 EST
Subject: Willamette Valley BMX (indoor) GRAND OPENING!
To: CVBMXTrack@aol.com

It's official! Willamette Valley BMX-Indoor located in Milwaukie, Oregon is all set to open January 1, 2005! It's been a long process obtaining our conditional use permit and we've finally got through the process and got City approval just this evening to open as scheduled. This has been a three year long dream of ours to have an indoor track and it's finally become a reality! This track will race year round for the next three years and will hopefully help grow the sport of BMX in our area with consistent year round promoting.

There's still some work to do and the track building starts this weekend but we will be ready for the big night. Call Roger at 503-710-8605 if you are interested in helping out over the next week, he could definately use the help! Tractors are arriving tomorrow night and there's still lots of prep work to complete too! Thanks to all of you that have given your time to help over the past two months, without you this opening would not be possible!

RACE SCHEDULE
Friday Race Registration 5:00 - 6:30 racing at 7:00 pm
(No Race December 31 - Redman Clinic is being held, reserve your spot by email now!)
Saturday Race Registration 3:00 - 5:00 racing at 5:30 pm
Sunday Race Registration 10:00 - 11:30 racing at 12:00 pm
(Molalla BMX will be racing after the indoor - weather permitting)

REGISTRATION FEE $12.00 per class $5.00 Open
If there is an interest, we will be adding a Mountain Bike class to our race format.
Oregon District One riders race for Free in class District One was acheived.

SEATING
Until we get bleachers, please bring your own chairs for seating. Building is heated but might be a bit chilly when we first open.

CONCESSIONS
On site snack bar will be available.

ADDRESS & DIRECTIONS
2000 SE Hanna Harvester Drive, Milwaukie, Oregon
Directions from 205. Take 205 to the 224/Milwaukie exit. Follow 224 towards Portland and exit on the Portland/Sellwood Bridge/99E exit. Follow street to 2nd stop light - Occho Road, make a Right. At 1st stop sign - Main street - turn right. Follow down to Hanna Harvester Drive - building is off Main street and Hanna Harvester Drive. If you pass back under the 224 freeway you missed it! We are in the same building as Portland Mechanical Contractors. If you get lost, please don't hesitate to give me a call at 503-519-1499 and I'll help you find it.

PARKING - IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ONLY PARK IN OUR SITES PARKING LOT! PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE NEIGHBORING BUSINESSES PARKING LOTS. There is about 40 parking spaces located at the front of the building and additional spaces all around the side and backside of the building. It is very important that we don't leave trash around the area or park in other businesses parking lots as this is part of our conditions stated with the conditional use. There should be plenty of parking for everyone, but please only take one spot if possible and leave room for others.

If you are on this email list by mistake, please email me and I'll remove you. I lost my BMX email list and had to re-create it and hopefully didn't add anyone that isn't interested in being on it!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email and I'll get back to you right away.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the indoor and hope you have a safe and happy Holiday.

Sincerely,
Barb Linder
Willamette Valley BMX (Indoor)

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
the linders are very nice people and have been in bmx for a long time.
i hear they need help working on the track to get it ready for opening day.
even a few hours would help so tell all your friends to lend a hand.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I live very close to this ( well as close to the forest can be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) ,I know my son`s will be happy and Dad too :nope: :nope: :nope: ,but wife may say other wise ,but what she do`nt know won`t hurt her :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
shocktower said:
I live very close to this ( well as close to the forest can be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) ,I know my son`s will be happy and Dad too :nope: :nope: :nope: ,but wife may say other wise ,but what she do`nt know won`t hurt her :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Show up and race. Bring a hard tail MTB, if there are enough people they will have a mtb class, otherwise you can race the 24" cruiser class.
I'm 35.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I just got this email,

We are sorry to announce that we are canceling the Grand Opening of our new indoor track for this weekend (Jan 1 & 2). We don't feel the track is ready to be raced on and would offer the quality of racing that our BMX'ers are used to and deserve.

This decision was not an easy decision to make after all the hard work that's been done by everyone these past few weeks, however the extra time we will now have will allow us to finish 100% and we can open with a BANG.

If you are/have traveled in for the Redman Clinic and some indoor racing from another area, please head down to Oasis BMX and enjoy some great racing there. If you need information regarding the indoor in Eugene, don't hesitate to give me a call (503 519-1499) and I'll give you the information/directions you'll need to enjoy a great weekend of racing.

We apologize for this inconvience and can't wait to see everyone in two weeks! We will open January 16, 2005 (Friday) and will remain open for the next three years for some awesome year round racing!

See ya soon,
Barb
CVBMX
WVBMX

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Print - Close Window
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:21:25 EST
Subject: Are you ready to race INDOORS!
To: WVBMXTrack@aol.com

GRAND OPENING!

We've got dry dirt and a track being groomed everyday this week to prepare for FRIDAY NIGHT RACING!
(If anyone would like to come out and help and check the track out,
we'll be there every night this week - we welcome any help you can offer with final preparations!)

Come join us for opening weekend!

Friday - Registration 5:00 - 6:30 racing at 7:00
Saturday - Registration 3:00 - 5:00 racing at 5:30
Sunday - Registration 10:00 - 11:30 racing at 12:00

Entry Fees: $12.00 single points racing
Practice/no race fee: $6.00

Seating: Bleachers are still a track dream, so make sure you bring your chairs!

Heat: Yep, we've got it!

Mudd: NONE (inside joke for those that came on Friday for the clinic)

We are looking forward to some exciting racing and to finally get our dream of having an indoor close to home for everyone to enjoy completed. Its been a very long and expensive project (see the $6,000 handicap ramp out front) but we're finally done and ready to race. Bring your friends along to race (they must purchase an ABA membership) and we'll not only give them their first race free, but yours race too!

There has been some concerns about the poles in the building and we can assure you that not only would we never build a track that was "unsafe" (our own children ride it too) the poles will not be an issue as safety precautions are being put into place to assure no one is hurt by them. We are sure you will be pleased when you see the results.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO MIKE VALDROW FOR THE USE OF HIS ROLLER (AND OTHER SERVICES ALONG THE WAY) WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT HAS MADE IN THE TRACK SURFACE JUST IN ONE NIGHT OF USE!

THE TEETER FAMILY (Doug, Kelly, Tara, David, Marcos and "Worm")HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WITH ALL THEIR HELP AT THE TRACK THROUGHOUT THE PAST TWO MONTHS, WE CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THE LONG HARD HOURS YOU'VE PUT IN AT THE TRACK, WITHOUT YOU, WE'D STILL BE MONTHS AWAY FROM OPENING AND WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT AND COMMITMENT TO US IN HELPING US REALIZE OUR BMX DREAM.

Thanks to the Shaddy family (for constructing the handicap ramp), John Valdrow (for constructing the handicap ramp), the Nolan Family (Matt, you do know how to do many things... hee hee and Kristy is a trophy building queen!), Chuck Addis (drywalling that impossible dividing wall), Scott Howe (framing machine), Ed Reily (for getting us the dirt 100% donated), Loren Van Ogle (for driving two hours to help drywall), David Miller, Ken Pliska, David Wray (for helping groom the track), Chris Montogomery (drywalling and providing our BMX families with a bike shop on site), Kim Burleson (for your awesome support with everything and great signs), Tony Hansen (grooming the track), Dave Rodgers (for getting the heat on and installing the new bathroom fixtures), Pat Daniels (the best dressed worker we had, installing drywall all day after just getting off work in the morning), John & Kris Kimble (grooming the track, keeping us laughing), Rich Smothers (hours of tractor work), Joe Smothers (installing the track sprinkler system to keep the dust down), Matt Morris (hours and hours of tractor work) and all the kids that behaved so well when their parents were working! I hope I haven't missed anyone, if so THANK YOU to you too!

Thanks for your patience and understanding regarding the delay in opening on January 1st, it was the right decision to make at the time and you won't be disappointed in the wait!

See ya at the track!
Barb
WVBMX - Indoor
CVBMX - closed for the winter season

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Just got back from the track. I think I might have been the first one to really ride on it. :thumb:
Unfortunately I was the first one to really crash on it. :nope:
The track lay out is great, pretty long, and has an alternate pro section with a couple good size dirt jump style doubles. The track is still a bit damp which slows you down and makes you work hard for your speed. They've got heaters blasting in there and it should be dried out and faster by this weekend.

THE CRASH
I was putting together a fast, smooth, line through a long rhythm section. Manual, jump the tabletop, manual the doubles, jump the last doubles, OOPS! Lack of common sense, damp=slow track conditions, and an extra dose of enthusiasm resulted in a broken helmet, sore ribs, sore shoulder, and a nice view of the constellations! SWEET!!! :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Print - Close Window
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:23:33 EST
Subject: KPTV's- Andy Carson is coming to Willamette Valley BMX! (Open Practice too)

KPTV News Story

KPTV's Andy Carson is coming out Friday morning (ok its before dawn at 4:30 am) to do a story on the track to air Friday morning before our Grand Opening! Everybody is welcome (who is crazy enough to get up that early) to join us (I'll bring the coffee and donuts)! He wants some kids to interview and race so if your up to it, come on out and help us create a great story for the Oregon Morning News show and help promote the track.

The track will be open for practice tonight (Wednesday) and Thursday night, so come on out and check the track out before opening night! We could use some help with last minute grooming too!

See ya at the track!
Barb
WVBMX

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
black sunshine said:
me and some buddies are coming down for the saturday race
You guys be careful, Portland is all "frozed-up" right now. All the roads are frozen solid with ice.

I don't think I'll be making it to the races this weekend, still too hurt. :dead:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
What's up with the weather? It's 66 degrees now, weird.
I spoke with Barb Linder about MTB racing licenses. An ABA cruiser membership card is needed. It's $45 for the year, which includes a subscription to the ABA magazine. It you buy the membership card at the track you get to race for free that day.

Here's the latest. Notice that MTB downhill pro Darrell Young made a showing?
Tim

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:02:23 EST
Subject: Willamette Valley BMX Updates
CC: lrhammerly@comcast.net, jaredh75@yahoo.com, Rodman484@aol.com, joelrebin@yahoo.com, fmxbmxboy@comcast.net, downhillbillydelux@yahoo.com

OPENING WEEKEND

Well we finally got the doors open and want to thank everyone that made it out to the track this weekend! The weather wasn't very cooperative but we still had a great weekend of racing!

On Sunday, Daryl Young - one of our local pros, gave us a surprise visit and was amazing on the track, clearing the pro section on his first attempt! Thanks Daryl for coming out and supporting the track and putting on a great show for the riders and families!

Thanks to all the volunteers for their hard work this weekend and helping us get our first weekend of racing off the ground, things went pretty smooth and the track got faster and faster as the weekend went by.

Need some training? Roger will be offering one-on-one training on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings for those interested. Cost will be $25.00 an hour with a two hour minimum. Send me an email if your interested and I will put you on the schedule. If you are interested in a team training for your whole team, give Roger a call at 503-550-3087 for more information.

We are for waiting approval to get flyers into all of the local Milwaukie schools. We will be offering a "Learn to Ride Bicycle Motocross" program for local schools. This program will offer a two-hour lesson every Saturday from 1:00 - 3:00 and a voucher for one single point race event once a week. Cost will be $99.00 for a four week session. Their ABA membership will be included in this program. If you have any friends/family members that you think would like to be apart of this program, please have them contact me either by phone (503-519-1499) or email for more information. If you want flyers for your local schools, please let me know and I'll get them to you.

If you have any suggestions in ways we can improve our program, please feel free to email me at cvbmxtrack@aol.com or wvbmxtrack@aol.com.

Thanks for your support, we look forward to a great year of racing!

See ya soon,
Barb
Willamette Valley BMX
www.cvbmx.com

May 9, 2003
KENT'S EAST HILL
role call lets hear it.
friday & saturday only this weekend.
the track is full size with an elevated outdoor style gate. $12 & heated.
also a jumper style pro section.

i'm going saturday

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
black sunshine said:
role call lets hear it.
friday & saturday only this weekend.
the track is full size with an elevated outdoor style gate. $12 & heated.
also a jumper style pro section.

i'm going saturday
I'll try to make it both days. Today is the first day I've rode since crashing Two weeks ago. I'll take the mtb and cruiser.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
thruster said:
Twisted I am thinking about going on friday night but not sure on what bike I would like to take.
Which one would you think would be more fun the cruiser or the dh bike?
Leave the dh bike at home, you'd look silly.
Hope to see you there.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Last minute cancellation. Jeeze, do these guys want anyone to show up?
I'll see you guys next weekend for sure, and I'll be ready!

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Print - Close Window
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:20:22 EST
Subject: RACING CANCELED THIS WEEKEND!

We are going to have to cancel our race schedule for this weekend, as we were notified by the City of Milwaukie that the building owners electrical contractors never applied for their final inspection and therefore our building has been red-tagged and we can not open. Per our building owner this "problem" will be corrected on Monday and the inspection will be completed and our occupancy permit will be valid in time for next weeks racing. Our corrections have been completed per code and there should be no further delays.

We can't jeopordize our conditional use permit and need to comply with the City, as we have three years of racing ahead of us and closing for one weekend, while frustrating (ok, devasting) isn't worth the risk.

Head on down to Oasis BMX for an awesome weekend of racing, Saturday there's a single points, and Sunday is the State Championship Qualifier!

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely,
Barb & Roger Linder
Willamette Valley BMX
503-519-1499
www.cvbmx.com

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Print - Close Window
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:46:50 EST
Subject: Willamette Valley BMX Update

Lot of Things Happening at Willamette Valley BMX!

First and most important is racing! We are back on track again with the City and racing will resume this weekend (February 4th)! We apologize for the weekend closure, however it was out of our control and we hope everyone took advantage of our closure and headed down to Oasis BMX for some fun indoor racing there over the past weekend.

Our website has a new address and a new look! Go check it out at www.bmxracingnw.com!

We've added a talk forum for all the NW BMX racers to communicate with one another! This talk forum is a place to share information, get information or sell those previously used BMX parts you have laying around. Visit the website's - Learn more about our BMX RACING NW talk forum page and join today! Please be sure and read the fine print before joining. No annoymous subscribers will be allowed to join this forum so be prepared to let us know who you are if we should not recognize your email address.

OregonBMX.com is also back up and running with lots of information about Oregon tracks, Oregon race reports, Oregon Hall of Fame and links to all kinds of bmx related sites. Thanks to Dave Miller for taking on the webmaster job and Ken Pliska for supporting the entire State of Oregon with this BMX site!

The community is really embracing our sport and we were visited by the Sports Manager of GI Joe's yesterday and he's offered the track some awesome promotion opportunities over the next few months. The Clackamas Review newspaper photographer will be onsite this weekend to take pictures for their article to be published in next Wednesday's edition! Thomason Ford has signed a one year advertising contract with the track and will generously be supporting our program as well. Look for many corporate sponsors to be joining them soon.

We are all definately moving in the right direction to grow our sport together. Roger and I look forward to giving our Oregon riders one of the best BMX places in the country to race! We appreciate everyone's patience over the last couple weeks with the track, the City issue and whatever else has been thrown your/our way. The track is improving (we had another 6 yards of Sandy Loom delivered today) and the facility is taking shape to be one of the best racing event centers around. It's been a long, hard process, and again we'd like to thank everyone that has donated their time, materials or just moral support throughout the past two months, without your support this racing venue would still be a dream waiting to happen.

See ya at the track!
Barb Linder
Willamette Valley BMX
www.bmxracingnw.com
(503) 519-1499

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Just got home from the races, so fun. There were six of us in the mtb class, Ken Pliska, Dave Murphy, Todd Olsen, Tony ?, fast pro Gabe Owens, and me, Tim Parker. We had three motos that tallied toward the final score. Gabe took three firsts. The second moto had him make a sweet swoop on Pliska in the final corner for the win. Pliska and I put on a nice elbow bangin show in the first and third motos with me coming out on top, behind Gabe, giving me 2nd overall. Good times. We're all there in the mtb class to have a good time (except Gabe, with a serious face, he said "he was here to win" hahaha).
Darrel Young schooled everyone on his 20"er in the pro open class with a full gate. What a great guy.
Grab a bike and come on down.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Print - Close Window
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:57:47 EST
Subject: Wednesday Night Practice

Wednesday Nights - Practice Night

Come join us for Gate/Track Practice!

When: Wednesday Nights (starting Feb 9th)
Time: 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Cost: $6.00

We have been getting lots of request from riders to add a practice night to our schedule. So starting this week, we will be open for practice on Wednesday nights!

All riders must sign in at registration and hold a valid ABA membership in order to practice.

See ya at the track!
Barb
WVBMX
www.bmxracingnw.com

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
black sunshine said:
is the track dry yet?
is the starting hill ok? i was told the wall next to it holding it up was falling.
what days are bigger sat or sun?
The track dried out then they brought more dirt in. The heaters and fans in the building dry the dirt no problem. I didn't hear anything about a wall falling.
I'll be there tomorrow, then see about sat and sun.