Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
lets try and keep one open at all times! Northwest Oregon/Southwest WASHINGTON in the hizzy my nizzy!

So as to not get deleted I will say something riding related:

I think DC forks are better than SC forks. And I like it when it does not rain cuz my bike stays cleaner. One last thing riding is fun!

Post Canyon tomorrow seems like the plan! So Gorgeboy you ready......

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Nice, we'll see how far this one goes.. Hey gunslingger, I finally kinda half ass cleaned up the Banshee last night when I bled my rear brake... I ended up with a pile of dirt about 4 inches high and thats not even all of it, just the chunks that had collected on my downtube, chainstays, and seattube... Let's hope some of those puddles/mudpits have dried up a bit...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
the portland thread lives on!

This kinda blows, I can't ride until next week. I have a bunch of school stuff this week and on thursday I'm leaving for california (I'm going going, back back to cali cali) with my family for easter weekend -WITHOUT my bike. Oh well, next week...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Hey Zane, when you you get back PM me and I'll show what few spots I know of that are close by... With spring showing up and summer on the way, we're just gonna have more options to hit as the snow melts off... Damn I cant wait to go hit the Glade up on Hood...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Originally posted by thruster
The glade trail is alot of fun man does that trail bring back memories. Haven't rode that in about 4 years.
Oh yeah!!! Gotta love 14 miles of bombin through terrain that offers everything from wide open crazy DH to fast windy singletrack at the bottom... Dammit, I cant wait!!!

hopefully it'll be do-able soon!!!!!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by frizanko
Hey Zane, when you you get back PM me and I'll show what few spots I know of that are close by... With spring showing up and summer on the way, we're just gonna have more options to hit as the snow melts off... Damn I cant wait to go hit the Glade up on Hood...
Definitely, I've heard about a few spots but have yet to ride any of them. I'll PM you after I get back and we'll ride (are you free at all during the week- my classes at clark end at 2:10 pm...)

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
I usually work untill around 6:00. mon-fri w/ an occasional day off during the week. Now that daylight savings is here I plan to ride most nights and deffinately on the weekends. .

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
It'd be cool if we could take in some tiki torches and session untill after dark... we'd prolly burn the place down though.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Hey, I'm new to the board, my name's Dave and I live in SW Portland, adn I've had the pleasure of riding with Frizanko quite a fwe times, I'm stoked to see some more guy's from Portland are into this ****, hopefully I'll get to meet and ride with some of you guy's, I ride the Zoo trails quite a bit as they're close and they have a shuttle system built in, I rider a red 02 Norco 4x4, so if you ever see me or my Red hair go wizzing by, don't hesitate to holler adn say what's up...
cheers and no worries

Dave

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Man I miss living in Portland, especially using the Max to "shuttle" to the top of the hill. I might have to drive down and hit Haag Lake again this summer.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Its about time you showed up on here DK:D
Lets hit something new this weekend... Im all down for the zoo, but we need something new.We should go check out the tillamook stuff Gunslingger was telling me about.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
How far out is that spot Gunsliggner? It sounded like a fun session spot. Especially if its as versatile as you made it sound, being able to pretty much choose from a bunch of lines .
What about Jones Creek? That sounded pretty sick.
:D Here we go again, Theres just so many options opening up right now!!!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Are you guys talking about the brown's camp area? I know that there used to be some north shore stuff up storeyburn road (across the hwy from brown's camp) and I've heard of some riding in jones creek. I used to ride dirt bikes in that area all the time.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
No, Ive heard of Browns Camp though... Gunslingger knows of a spot that has a long ridge drop. It sounded like it was all wide open and you could pretty much go as big as you want, or take it easy. I think he said there was more than just the drop too, but Im not sure.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
What up ...yeah, I saw the PNW board and a portland thread, adn I figured I should get on here...my mates got back from Costa Rica so I'm hoping that Andrew will get out and actualy ride this weekend...I'm down for about anything, the zoo needs to be worked on cause I'm getting bored, adn that ain't good eh...Tillimook would be sweet, I've wheeled around Browns Camp and Jones creek a bunch, I can imagine if you can shuttle it, you can hit some sick lines...

Were planning to go to the MRT not this weekend, but next, it's a sweet ride, fast paced, a few uphills(not big) and alot of fast flow single track...probably camp Friday night and then shuttle up to Clear Lake in the morning...

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
WHat is that?

Yeah the spot I was talking about is in TIllamook area, you go out towards Browns Camp but then you veer off somewhere. THe actualy spot is a big mining pit. There is also an area up the 30. I will try and get in touch with the guys who know the exact directions.

We shoud work on the zoo. the spot where the doubles are could be made better. a run that short could have like 2 big drops and it would be totally worth it.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
MRT is the Mackenzie River Trail...
I'd love to go do that, but I know I have to work that Sat. untill early afternoon. when are you guys planning on headin down there DK? I might be able to head down right after work and then camp out to ride it on sunday.
Its what, like 2 1/2 hrs away right?...

Oh, I just saw that you said Friday... couldnt do that. But I still want to hit that trail soon.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
there's a rock quarry in the brown's camp area (you turn right (veer?) on the gravel road right before brown's camp campground- huge drops) and I know of a few other spots in that area with some big drops, north shore stuff (if it's still there) and lots of fast single track.

edit: I know my way around there pretty well if anyone's gonna make a trip up there...

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
hey if there's something there, Frank I'll come up to your neck of the woods...I still need to hit or at l;east feast my eyes on Ledbetters before it get's destroyed...MRT is like a 24 mile epic/DH/flowy single track run along the MAkenzie River...just NE of Eugene...really really fun, no built stunts, just a good ride. being that it's bunny weekend, we should try'n ride Sat Afternoon after you get off work Frank. I dunno about your schedgule, but I'm not planing anything fro Bunny dfay, not my thing, I'm free, if you are...Hey Gunslinger, you're close too, we should hook up for a ride, maybe get a group going, the more riders I meet the better, my mate Andrew is psyched to ride as he's been off the stinky for 2 weeks...

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Yeah man. Im totally free this weekend... Its the next Sat. when you were plannin the MRT ride, that Im stuck workin. But as far as this weekend goes I just want to check out something different on one of the days...
BTW, I saw the posts on NSMB about taking pics... bring your camera next time...

GFXRACE

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
VANC. WA
ride from hazel dell ave. to vanc. lake on the d trail
look to the left out in the woods hidden
1 hitters only
trails are on the left hand side

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
this is sweet, I'm glad to see people localish to my area surfacing, Yeah Frank I got your PM, I've got a little 2.2MP digi that takes great pics, and it's pretty small so it'll be sweet for riding. Well, it's only Wed. but as I'm down for whatever, someone dream up a plan and let's get it organized...and yes, what exactly does "one Hitter mean" ???

Cheers:monkey:

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
OK, I'll just say this in advance...It's my 25th b-day tomorow/today(thur.) and it was my mates on the 3rd, so as he was gone, were all going out for a rippin good time on Friday-night, I may be a bit groggy, if I'm still breathing...on Saturday...

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I've been told that Larch Mtn. (the one in WA) has some pretty decent stuff to ride, if nobody here knows directions I can get them from a friend of a friend and we can check it out.

Oh- Happy Birth day Dave!