Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
My BF & I are heading out to Bend area, camping Saturday night, anyone game? Also, what trails would you suggest? I can pretty much ride (yet sometimes walk) intermediate trails.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Post Canyon tomorrow, Monday, Memorial Day 5/30/05
A group of us will be meeting at the TA Truck stop in Troutdale at 9:00 am before we head out. Jason Ding, Zane, Ryan (eknomf), and me are going for sure. Chris will likely be driving his big new Chevy quad cab for shuttling so long as he gets gas money donations.

Jim Bob, Ryan and me had a great time at Syncline Saturday. We were the only one's there. Maybe everyone was scared off because of the "accident".

Ryan, Jason, Doug and me went to Falls City today. Doug showed us around, we'd never been there before. That place has great flow and excellent, intelligently built jumps and stunts. Great time.
Tim

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Hahaha, I beat you to the PC announcement!

Anyway, we should start posting in this thread again so ridemonkey will make it a STICKY, that'd be pretty cool. You know, I just realized my bike doesn't have any wheels on it. I'm gonna go work on it now, adios.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey. This is a cross-post from the general PNW thread.

In short… I would like to get a room in a house with other riders in Portland by the end of the summer. Read on for details.

I’m looking to move to Portland at the end of the summer for work. I would like to live with some other riders, or at least in a rider-friendly household. I would prefer to live with folks 25-30 years old (I’m 25). I just finished grad school at OSU in Corvallis, and will be working somewhere in the ecology/planning/GIS world. I’m looking for a room in a house or apartment… but I am coming with 4 bikes, so it needs to have a garage or workshop. I am clean, respectful, and excited about being in a city again. I want to be IN OR VERY NEAR TO TOWN so that I can ride to work / nightlife.

My interests include bikes (downhill, x-country, and BMX… getting back into racing), music (indie, alt-country, rock, whatever… just not jazz), beer, BBQ, bouldering, ecology, etc. I do a bit of riding at Falls City and Post Canyon now, especially now that school is actually done. If you've been to Falls City and seen the big map at the parking area, or the little trail maps... I made them. I'll hopefully do something similar for work.

Let me know if you might have a room / place coming available sometime in August or September. I am comfortable with a variety of lifestyles, just so long as nobody pushes their particular choices on others. I like to go out fairly often for drinks and music, but I am not an all-night type. I have a serious girlfriend in Eugene, so frequent visits by her would have to be okay. Roommates that I could ride with during the evenings or on weekends would be great.

Let me know what you have available. I can provide references (both landlords and roommates) if necessary. Cheers.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Well, again, it seems that we're the voice of Portland on this forum.
We're hitting a few runs on Syncline then planning top-to-bottom runs at Post Canyon Saturday.
Wanna join up?
Tim
cell 503 307 3586

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
TWISTED said:
Well, again, it seems that we're the voice of Portland on this forum.
We're hitting a few runs on Syncline then planning top-to-bottom runs at Post Canyon Saturday.
Wanna join up?
Tim
cell 503 307 3586
Theres that number again
"for a good time call"

DE 'COUVE IN DA HOUSE

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Is anyone interested in riding syncline/post canyon or falls city this weekend? I am planning on going both places... I am just not sure where to go which day.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
It's alive!!! Alive!!!

I miss this thread, it used to be so useful and then toshi left.....

I'll be camping this weekend for caitlin's birthday so no riding for me, hopefully I can get out tomorrow to get my fix.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
Does anyone want to go out to post canyon this weekend? I'm free to ride either day.
Sunday sounds good for PC.
Hmmm, what to do Saturday? Maybe The Grotto dirt jumps?
Falls City?
I'd like to do runs down from Timberline at Hood, but it seems as though my car is more of a downhiller like me and doesn't like the climbs. :confused:

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I'll be back in Vancouver from the 13th to the 18th. Does anyone want to ride Post Canyon or something? I'm also going to try and get a few more days on my Meadows pass if anyone wants to come snowboarding.

Mar 7, 2005
A couple of my friends and I are going to be out there one of the days this weekend the 15th or 16th depending on which day has the better weather. We will probably get there about 8:30 to 9:00 in the morning. Send me a PM if you are interested in riding and maybe we can meet up.

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Anyone know where i can get info on where to ride in Oregon. Sounds like a lot there but I have never been. Thanks

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
jmartin said:
Anyone know where i can get info on where to ride in Oregon. Sounds like a lot there but I have never been. Thanks
It would depend on what type of riding you're interested in. Those of us here are into downhill trails and stunts and like to go to the Blackrock trails in Falls City and the Post Canyon trails in Hood River. If the weather has been rainy, or we want to do some mellow downhilling then we go to the Syncline trails in Bingen, WA across the river from Hood River.

If you're interested in this type of stuff, then watch this thread and join us for a tour.

Tim

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Fun and fast downhill with some stunts to boot sounds great. I am in Tacoma but would like to get a trip down into that area to ride soon. Are there any sites with more info or pics? Thanks again

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
If it looks like it isnt raining tomorrow I'd like to ride somewhere. Maybe head out to Hood river, and if Post Cayon is too slippery ride Syncline. If any of you guys want to plan something call me this evening at 3605712292 and ask for Ryan as I wont have internet until tomorrow