Quantcast

Pos Vw......

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So for the first time in a week, I managed to get out of the house on time this morning. I'm JUST about to get on hwy 40, when a red light comes on and I hear beeping. I look at my dash, and my temp gauge is basically off the scale. I flip on the heater full blast...nothing but cold air, and the engine ain't cooling off. So I turn around, and limp home....engine on...little boost of speed, shut engine off, coast. Repeat.

I swap cars. But by the time I get back on my way again, traffic has quadrupled, and I end up a half hour late for work.

Road side assistance picked up the car from my house a few minutes ago. Dealer seems to think it's the water pump.

POS VW....

At least it's faster than Da Peach's car..........

J

JRB

Add VW to the ever growing list of people and things that hate you.

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
If you turn the heater on, and it's not blowing hot air, chances are it's the thermostat. What gen. VW is it?

J

JRB

BigMike said:
I wonder if they go fast enough, if the lobster would fly off go bounding down the highway behind them :)
I wondered how they don't get lift under it to make it crash. I saw one hauling ass down the highway in Orlando earlier this month. I also wonder how rough it is, since that thing has to use the suspension just sitting there.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ciaran said:
The only good VW is an air cooled VW.
:stupid:

As much as I like them, my ex-wife has spend twice the purchase price in 10 years to maintain the Passat she just HAD to have. If it weren't for the $12k in mods it required for her to drive, she would have tossed it for a Honda long ago.