Quantcast

possible bent disc??

trebor

Chimp
Aug 23, 2008
SO I was riding the local downhill at Ft.Duffield, and coming off a pretty steep berm (it's a switch back that drops about 10 feet) hit a 4 foot dirt kicker. Turns out I wasnt lined up correctly and was launched about 2 feet off the trail and right into an oildrum that was half buried (no joke, I'll get pics of it when I go back after my TN trip). anyway, I hit that, went over my handle bars, and my bike went along for the ride. Luckily for me I was shot straight down into a mess of branches, and leaves, but my bike was flung into a tree. Rode away fine, but now I can feel where my disc is bent, or something is off. I'm pretty sure it's a bent disc as my wheel turns fine, but you can hear a rub on one spot.

Anyway, I am new to disc brakes (Just got them when I got my coilair 3 weeks ago) and was wondering if they are able to be bent back or am I in for a new set?? If it's the latter, what brands are good and what should I look for?? know these are some noobish questions, but I never really looked into disc brakes and never thought I would :-X.