Quantcast

Possible to run 2 rings on a 05 Bighit SPEC?

Discussion in 'The Shop' started by pfeilbr, Sep 26, 2005.

1. pfeilbr

pfeilbr Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have a stock 05 Specialized Bighit SPEC. It came with a single 38t chainring up front and a Truvative Boxguide. I would like to use it for FR in addition to DH. I want 2 chainrings and a bash ring/guard up front with a chain guide so I can pedal it. I bought a Truvative Hussefelt Double with P.C. Bashguard, but it didn't fit because it hit the ISCG frame tab screws. Has anyone successfully setup an 05 Bighit SPEC with 2 rings up front? Am I limited to 1 ring because of the ISCG frame tabs?

Here are 05 Specialized Bighit SPEC specifications:
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?minisite=10080&spid=9400&bikeTab=techspec

Here is what the bike looks like

The best reply to this post would be someone telling me exactly what crankset, bash ring/guard, chain guide, and front derailleur would work, but any help is appreciated.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. stubby

stubby Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    it could be done i suppose, with the right fd, as long as it wont hit the swingarm of ur bike. E thirteen drs or a blacspire dewlie would be cool on it.
    what is your setup, ive always thought those bikes are cool.

#2 -   Oct 9, 2005
  3. stubby

stubby Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    would a dhx, rp3, or dhx air or some other dh shock or xc fit on there, a dhx air would be sick nasty, srry i just like those bikes just wonderin how it is set up.

#3 -   Oct 9, 2005
  4. spacemanspiff06

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    yeah i ran my 04 like that(same frame) and it came with a triple

#4 -   Jan 3, 2006