Quantcast

Possibly a Big scam on Ebay

ChumbaDHer

Chimp
Jan 27, 2004
Lake Placid, NY
search for any nice DH frame or bike one-bay, for example an Intense M3. Price --$1500 (US) fermen1225 has 9 pages of frames and bikes for sale. Each one Brand New. 2 year warrenty. They cover shipping costs. The bikes are very cheap. Bellow wholesale. The shop is Fermen Cycle shop, apparently open since Feb. 02. The web site is www.fermen-cycle.com
Its located in London.

However, they state they are allowed to cancel bids made without prior contact. Only for sale with a buy it now price. However, the buy it now is not through ebay. essentially like advertising somethign here not presenting an item for bidding.(so as a buyer you are unprotected) You have to buy through contacting them. So I e-mail them... They do not except pay pal, apparently because ppl have complained about it. No visa or credit card because of problems with ppl faking identities. Only Cash transfer, or wetsern union to a nearby store on their street. (they cover the 8% western union charge)

I have searched businesses in London directories, at their exact given adress on the website... and cycle shops through out London, and businesses in the district. Nothing even close.
They present the Square Trade seal of fair business multiple places on the web site. I e-mailed square trade, they have no record and have never heard of them.

the e-bay name has 0 feeback, they erase all bids made.
Is it just me or does this seem like a really big scam?

there is hardly any info on the site, you cant buy through the web site. The phone is always busy and says to call back or leave a message.

anyone had any run ins with them?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Sounds like a scam... and at the very least it violates Ebay's policies by selling it outside of their auction.

Report them!

Go to eBay Security Center:
click on "Report A Problem"
In Box #1, choose "Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item"
In Box #2, choose "Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive the item, etc.)"
In Box #3, choose "Report a listing you think is fraudulent (you didn't bid)"
Then go ahead and choose "Email"
enter up to 10 item numbers

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Our Specialized Rep mentioned there was a fraudulent dealer from London pushing Demo 9's. Could be the same person...

D

d-sop

sounds weird; who would ever buy from someone like 10,000 miles away?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I've seen this same deal every time I look on ebay, it's the same ads for brand new bikes for super cheap. Different name each time, they probably start a new account every week. Never any real pictures either. If you can't see any pics or BS with the owner about their product on the phone or through email, it's not worth taking the risk.

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
the photos of the showroom are of two different shops, man it is so upsetting that todays criminals have no sense of tact what so ever, i blame the public school system! :)