Quantcast

Possibly selling my Truck, any suggestions?

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Well I have been thinking about my truck lately, and my mom brought up the suggestion of selling it because its kind of going to waiste. Bad gas mileage, and I didn't use it for as much bike transportation as I had thought I would. This summer we will be going to all the races in my friends Jeep Cherokee so the truck is pretty useless for what I am doing.

I looked at what I could get for it on KBB and it came up with a price of $10,00 if I sold it privately. That doesnt seem right because we payed near $16,000 back in June. Since then I have gotten new all season tires, cd player, and work done to the front end. Its in good shape so I am hoping I can get more towards $12 - $14,000 off it.

So if we ctually decide to let it go then I will need something to replace is with. I was thinking something like the Honda Element, I know they are ugly but those cars rule, good on gas, lots of room, good stereo and interior etc. And plus its a Honda. I was also thinking about getting a Sedan and getting roof racks for it but not sure I want that small of a car considering I don't feel all that comfortable in my moms Infiniti I30.

Any suggestions? I need the car to get decent gas mileage, good in snow, room for bikes, if not then roof rack compatible. And below $12,00 or so.

Thanks, Dan

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
KBB is pretty accurate and most buyers wont pay above that. If you bought your truck from a dealer, well, you overpaid, plain and simple. Never buy from a dealer if you want a good deal in the future.

As for a new car, well, the Subarus are popular around here.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
KBB is pretty accurate and most buyers wont pay above that. If you bought your truck from a dealer, well, you overpaid, plain and simple. Never buy from a dealer if you want a good deal in the future.
:stupid:

As for a new car, well, the Subarus are popular around here.
:stupid:

KBB is a good judge of what buyers will pay - or anyway, buyers tend to pay KBB value. It may be because so many people are informed about KBB value that they simply won't pay more. You never know about things like that - if they are truely a reflection of the market, or if they are actually a strong influence in the market.

Subarus kick ass.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
rockymt21 said:
I looked at what I could get for it on KBB and it came up with a price of $10,000 if I sold it privately. That doesnt seem right because we payed near $16,000 back in June. Since then I have gotten new all season tires, cd player, and work done to the front end. Its in good shape so I am hoping I can get more towards $12 - $14,000 off it.
Maybe -- A new model has come out since then so your truck is now essentially one year older than it was.

Ask what you want. If it doesn't sell, ask less or keep it. Cars depreciate nearly as bad as bikes do.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You never know what some people are willing to pay. But if they do some homework, you would be lucky to get kbb for it.