Quantcast

Post a photo! Potentially NSFW.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
sorry to take off subject, but whats your salt setup?
125g w/ a 30 gallon sump, about 125lbs of live rock, 542W's of metal halides and 50/50 atinics.

its in dire shape now, i havent done a water change in about 2-3 months since my RO filter is shot.
2 perculas, 5 neon ell goby, 2 yellow watchma, sail fin tang

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
edit: fck me they're big. If someone wants to resize them for me, be my guest.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We can't resize 'em for you but I did delete the post so as to preserve the page formatting and not rape the bandwidth of even the broadband connected users :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Thanks! Sun was just barely peeking up over the horizon... enough that the shadows were still deep and rich, but the areas catching the light were glowing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus, you ever check out http://ishootshows.com/?

The guy posts on dpreview as tao.design, he used to do a lot of macro and architectural work, found out only a few months ago that he almost exclusively shoots concerts now. It interested me primarily because his other work was really stellar.

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, i know Todd (and his brother Chris) from a flickr group around concert photography; both are really good shooters, and good guys to boot. always willing to help out and answer questions.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
a gold finch stopped by to say 'hi' this a.m.
(no flash b/c i didn't want to spook him - maybe next time)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
nice shot...helluva long exposure...good thing it didnt move
That's why I was up before the sun was even up. Temperatures cool down, their metabolisms drop and they are sluggish.

That said, that was the third shot in a series of 5 or 6 where there wasn't some kind of movement - either a breeze or the bug. However, at that hour, they move so slowly and so seldom that you can at least have a chance.

a gold finch stopped by to say 'hi' this a.m.
(no flash b/c i didn't want to spook him - maybe next time)
I haven't shot too many birds with a flash but the few times I have they never seem to care. Strangest thing - all other animals care, but the birds don't usually even blink.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Some of mine

Jess in a snowshoe elevator

Wind farm between snowshoe and wisp

Outside of Wisp Resort

Vw

Last edited: