Quantcast

Post a pic of your local trails

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
A 20 minute climb from my shack.

Even though white road bikes are banned it's a fun little descent.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
kidwoo said:
What's the winter riding there like? Too wet? I need a roadtrip.
Riding stops around Thanksgiving, but building is frantic during the winter. Then it starts up again around Feb or so.

Wet isn't an issue, but Falls City does get snow. The trails are all built with rain in mind, so they drain well. Between Falls City and the latest developments in Post Canyon, it's some of the best freeride action south of BC. The next area is right near me in Gales Creek since Falls City has been so successful with the forsetry service.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
jimmydean said:
Riding stops around Thanksgiving, but building is frantic during the winter. Then it starts up again around Feb or so.

Wet isn't an issue, but Falls City does get snow. The trails are all built with rain in mind, so they drain well. Between Falls City and the latest developments in Post Canyon, it's some of the best freeride action south of BC. The next area is right near me in Gales Creek since Falls City has been so successful with the forsetry service.
A lot of my old college friends live between bend and portland. They've been telling me for years, I need to get to post canyon. I saw some pictures of some wood ramps to dirt landing doubles that look pretty fun. I have no delusions of riding hood river in winter though.

Falls city in march sounds good. Thanks for the info.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
jimmydean said:
Some shots of Falls City. I haven't been up there in a while, but the trail system is out of control!
When I was up there, I was going to ride there, but i ended up not going becasue my parents got ed off at me.