Quantcast

Post a pic of your other pets!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cooney - my very large and loveable cat

Shelby & Cooper my painted turtles

Konan - a baby snapping turtle that I rescued in the late fall and raised for almost a year before returning him to the wild.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
nice bearded dragon someguy, i wish i had some pics of my gecko. he is an african fat tailed gecko named porter.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
My two obnoxious kittens, Vinny (top) and Gino (bottom):

My fat crested gecko, Dutchess:

My new(ish) high yellow leopard gecko (rescued from a pet shop that was severely mistreating him), Waldorf.

My new flying gecko, Artemis:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bluebug32 said:
Those are pretty personable like the leopard gecko, right? They'll hang out on your shoulder and such?
they are actually nocturnal so i dont ever get to see him and my has a real bad temper. i try not to handle too often though because their tails break so easily. the best way to get mine out of its cage is to let him bite down on your finger and then just haul him up.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
GumbaFish said:
Why would anybody want a pet that you can't play fetch with?;)
Well, I've had my turtle since I was 9. I like kitties, but I can't have them in many apartments and I enjoy taking off for the weekend and don't want to worry about them getting lonely. And geckos are just awesome! Really easy to take care of too

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I miss my old pet... don't actually have any pictures, but she was a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula. Very mellow, calm, and friendly - unless you were a cricket!

We used to let her walk around the apartment in Boston - for some reason we didn't have roaches and the neighbors did. She would actually walk around from person to person and just hang out. Her favorite spot was on your neck or head (I think she liked the warmth).

This is what she looked like:
http://www.tarantulas.com/chilrose.asp

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Slugman said:
I miss my old pet... don't actually have any pictures, but she was a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula. Very mellow, calm, and friendly - unless you were a cricket!

We used to let her walk around the apartment in Boston - for some reason we didn't have roaches and the neighbors did. She would actually walk around from person to person and just hang out. Her favorite spot was on your neck or head (I think she liked the warmth).

This is what she looked like:
http://www.tarantulas.com/chilrose.asp
I have a Chilean also. Nice spiders they are.

Jay Gatz

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
NE for college, CO when i can
bluebug32 said:
Wow, how could you get them to pose for so long? I love trying to unstick them from a wall etc. Are those 2 females?
the more you handle them, the tamer they become. I havent had time to play with them in a while, so they freak out a little when i try to grab them now. although, once i get them out they are pretty mellow.

yes, two females. lucked out, bought them both before they were old enough to sex.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Jay Gatz said:
the more you handle them, the tamer they become. I havent had time to play with them in a while, so they freak out a little when i try to grab them now. although, once i get them out they are pretty mellow.

yes, two females. lucked out, bought them both before they were old enough to sex.
Lucky...because 2 males can be a recipe for disaster! Most from the same clutch are the same sex anyway.

What are their names?