Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
what kind of dog is that?

love the Tasting Room btw. we went on Father's Day and we're going back Sunday too....and im not even a big beer drinker
He's an English Setter. His parents are both champions at field trials, so he has a bit of a bird obsession.

Give a yell next time you'll be around, if I'm in town, I'll give you a tour.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
image.png
Ball crazy. Had a scary incident this summer; Zoey and a good friend's equally ball obsessed dog came from opposite directions and lunged to grab the same ball that had bounced waist high. They each "got" the ball and smashed their teeth together around it.
Bleeding and screaming doggies resulted which really sucked. Between the two dogs, seven broken (now extracted) teeth and roughly $2500 in vet bills. Thankfully they're both fully recovered and obsessing over balls again.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Just posted this elsewhere but this is my most recent favorite shot of our trail pup, Winter. Have not found her limit for distance provided it's not too hot and there are creeks to take a dip. Think she's a border collie / pit mix. She's definitely a working dog, needs a job to do but is snuggly and great with other dogs and kids.

IMG_4286.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here's a pic of her from the ad, notice the shock collar (that was ineffective :rofl: ) She was given up because she requires you pay attention. She is wicked smart and if left to her own devices will chew the world. I honestly couldn't ask for a better personality mix. She is a little bigger than the wife planned, but how could you say no to this face?

<edit> I think she's perfect sized, honestly.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She's a great looking pup. I can imagine her going "full puppy" running all over the house for no reason. Winter (my trail hound) would love her.
She has puppy moments, but the reality is she is wicked mellow. She is a 60lb lap lover. Driving in the truck yesterday she slept the whole time with her head in my lap. And other than the occasional tug, she walks amazing having only been on a leash likely since we got her Monday. Seriously, working with her yesterday, she just kept blowing me away.

In the ad "She has a problem chewing on things... She isn't house broken... She has trouble with car rides..." Wrong, wrong, and wrong. This dog is amazing if you pay attention. I seriously couldn't be happier. Is she bigger than we were looking to get? Yes, yes she is. But I wouldn't give her up for the world.

Yesterday she squeezed her ass out the medium sized dog door we have and went out herself. :rofl:

<edit> The cat is going to be some work and they may never truly coexist. The size and her excitement level were a bit much the first 2 meetings. I set Monday up in her garage spot since she didn't even go in upstairs last night

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Here's a pic of her from the ad, notice the shock collar (that was ineffective :rofl: ) She was given up because she requires you pay attention. She is wicked smart and if left to her own devices will chew the world. I honestly couldn't ask for a better personality mix. She is a little bigger than the wife planned, but how could you say no to this face?

<edit> I think she's perfect sized, honestly.
Personality is by far the most important factor in a dog IMO. Congrats!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Went to a really cool dog park in SE. Abbey did awesome considering there was every size, shape, and breed mix represented. She's kind of a little chicken, it's actually really cute.

Fell asleep chewing on her bone. I noticed when I heard her snoring.

She loves to cuddle.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
IMG_4741.PNG

Probably her favorite place: ocean.
Although she is ball and water obsessed, somehow digging always takes over at the beach.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

She's very mouthy, but I almost have her broken of mouthing people. She doesn't hurt you, but it does make you nervous. :rofl:
One of ours is very mouthy too. Never had any intentions of hurting you, just wanted to put your hand in his mouth. He still does it to this day.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One of ours is very mouthy too. Never had any intentions of hurting you, just wanted to put your hand in his mouth. He still does it to this day.
The vet just mentioned that looking as Rottie as she does, some people may not react well to being mouthed. Even i there is no visible damage. She is wicked soft mouthed.

What was funny was she wouldn't even play tug of war with the neighbor kid. She tries to yank my arms off, but she wouldn't even pull him. It was crazy.