Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
RIP Kiora. We love you.

Her new Cedar plank headstone reads.
"Kiora, the dog that made our family better, We love you" - Xander (My 8 year old son)
Wel Kiora's replacement came home with us last night.

I was waiting on a puppy from the same breeder when she called me yesterday to tell me that my pup was born. A few hours later she called again and said she just had to take another pup back in due to the new owners not being able to hand her. They too had recently lost their husky of 14+ years. Unfortunately being on the older side of life a puppy was just too much. I told Judy I would certainly come and take a look at her. She is 10 weeks old and we decided to bring her home.

Can't name her until our kids come back home Monday night, but boy oh boy are they going to be surprised when they get off the bus monday!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Irie. 3 yrs old. She's one badass mutt.

When she's in shape, she can do 25+ miles in cool weather. She's a little off that right now so we're sticking to 1-2 hr rides.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
When she's in shape, she can do 25+ miles in cool weather. She's a little off that right now so we're sticking to 1-2 hr rides.
Awesome. Kiora (pics in very first post) did a 48 mile ride one time. She routinely did 15-20ish mile rides and the occasional 25'er. It's awesome when they are in good enough condition to do that.

Unfortunately where I live now I am not so certain that i'll be able to turn my current pup into a trail dog, it is highly frowned upon on our trail systems due to the traffic with bikes, other users, hunters, etc.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
"puppy" seems to think my 5.10 Karvers are for sleeping on. Luckily she does not think they are for chewing. The kids have named her appropriately "Karver" which i think was a lot better than some of the other options they came up with.

I did not have a say or vote in the matter (by choice) since I want the kids to feel a sense of ownership of their puppy.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Wilma turned 7 months and starting to see some trail action. Trailrunning for now. Will bring her on short Fatbike rides soon.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wife got me to cave. Regret having to be home every day, but dog is pretty darn smart. Crate trained, which we've never had, which is kinda cool. Drexel never did worth a snot in his crate, but this gal owns hers.

Her name is Daisy and we had a great night's sleep from night 1. She's 1-2 years old. Had a piss accident in the daughters room (dribbles) last night, but that's about it. 5 days into ownership and she's wired for sound!

Boxer mix, but not much sign of anything non-Boxer. 40lbs. Rescue called www.boxerbuttsandothermutts.org:

Attachments

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Parents owned a pair like that when I was a kid. Had to give them away because they would hunt down and kill neighbors cattle. Dad found me quite a ways from the house in a briar patch "huntin'" with them.
They can be a handful, especially Chica.
In the pic she's getting her panties in a knot over some 70yo lady walking too close to her boys.
Super protective and vocal especially around the wife and kids; a furry AR15.

Floyd acts like he's been doing bong hits all day.
Typical lazy assed male until he meets somebody he doesn't like.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Very nice pups Dan-o! Is Chica sable? My wife has had a few German Shepherds from some of the best Czech working lines (of the late border patrol fame) and they are amazing smart dogs who take no crap from anyone. The sable ones have the craziest (best) temperament IMO.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Very nice pups Dan-o! Is Chica sable? My wife has had a few German Shepherds from some of the best Czech working lines (of the late border patrol fame) and they are amazing smart dogs who take no crap from anyone. The sable ones have the craziest (best) temperament IMO.
Thanks.
Chica's a sable with Belgian military lines and Floyds from Czech military lines.
Both are great family dogs but Chica would be happier in a working environment I think.

Steve: I'd never let these two see my flaws. If I did they'd relegate me to the bottom of the totem pole in a heartbeat. They already view my kids as equals, at best, so my reign as lord of the household is tenuous as it stands.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Karver is getting bigger.
And she likes doors....
Day one:

Getting bigger

Door fetish

She's now 8 months old, looks like I got my wish of a "small" dog as she's still under 35lbs. Mom was only 40, so I am hoping she remains under 45.

She's been a pretty good little knucklehead.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Karver is getting bigger.
And she likes doors....
Day one:

Getting bigger

Door fetish

She's now 8 months old, looks like I got my wish of a "small" dog as she's still under 35lbs. Mom was only 40, so I am hoping she remains under 45.

She's been a pretty good little knucklehead.