Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
1617331348801.png

Came across the wife and pooch walking, tired. Picked them up. He loves the FJ.

Had (real) flowers for her in the car, too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Genuine question: My friend’s Greyhound does farts that are like the end of all things. They have already taken him to the vets to seek dietary intervention, yet the Geneva convention violations continue.

0D797B73-2EC7-44B5-A1AB-6098E12186C8.jpeg
Send help.

I have already moved seats.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Genuine question: My friend’s Greyhound does farts that are like the end of all things. They have already taken him to the vets to seek dietary intervention, yet the Geneva convention violations continue.

View attachment 158572Send help.

I have already moved seats.

My dog started doing the same, changed his brand of dog food and that thankfully fixed the issue. I didn't have to do it but the next step was going to be probiotics.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so... my wife signed us up with the humane society to adopt rescue dogs. I just got a call that a "puppy" (he's 1 year old) is available... a Jack Russell Terrier - Beagle mix. I've never had a hound, I know nothing about those breeds. They told me over the phone that he's what they classify as a "performer": loves to play, is really excitable - especially when meeting other dogs, and needs a lot of rigorous exercise. I can do the exercise part, not a problem, but we live in a townhouse complex, and there's lots of kids and other dogs (none of which bark)...

Like I said, I know nothing about these breeds... any advice/experience?

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Hubble is 7 months old and 70lbs, not sure where he will end up but I think he will be a big boy. He’s so calm and low energy that we took him to the vet to make sure he isn’t sick; apparently that’s just how he is, lol. They mentioned something about us being lucky considering his breed! Our 7.5 year old labradoodle runs circles around him.
6937C9F9-CC42-4695-A0EA-F5E6A279083F.jpeg
0CA9B6B6-F6B4-4F0A-AD8F-BAA4114B967A.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
so... my wife signed us up with the humane society to adopt rescue dogs. I just got a call that a "puppy" (he's 1 year old) is available... a Jack Russell Terrier - Beagle mix. I've never had a hound, I know nothing about those breeds. They told me over the phone that he's what they classify as a "performer": loves to play, is really excitable - especially when meeting other dogs, and needs a lot of rigorous exercise. I can do the exercise part, not a problem, but we live in a townhouse complex, and there's lots of kids and other dogs (none of which bark)...

Like I said, I know nothing about these breeds... any advice/experience?
Can't add much, but my brother adopted a jack Russell when we were young.

It tried to bite my nuts off and ruined my jeans the first time it saw me. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Dogs stayed at home while working on a new trail. They wander too much after an hour of staying put.

But those two where pretty chilled about the whole process.

mohito.jpg
gaia.jpg

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Every Jack Russel I've met has been certifiably bonkers, totally insane. That includes one that I lived with for a few years. Every dog is different and there are always exceptions, but in general, not super great with other dogs or little kids.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My poor old lady is old. She looks old and haggard. She moves slowly. She stumbles every now and then on our walks and is clearly having issues with her back end (cancer? arthritis? Vet appointment soon). She is more attention-needy than ever and I am happy to give it to her. It'll break my heart when her time is up but for now I'll keep showering her with pets and cookies.

She was a solid shiny blue when we got her 10 years ago.

FB_IMG_1620750813917.jpg