Quantcast

Post a picture of your dog.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife and I spent $700 total for four private one hour lessons with a dog trainer. After four weeks, this is a completely different dog. Money well spent! She no longer pulls on the leash and is not scared of cars on our walks, she is showing less interest in the cat, and sits and stays until given the release command. She doesn't jump on the furniture if we are present, but she will if we're not there, so that's a work in progress. We also need to work on the 'drop' command and break her of the resource guarding, and we need to desensitize her to bicycles on our walks, as they tend to freak her out. She is smart but stubborn. She has calmed down a lot since we brought her home. Honestly, the first week I was second guessing our decision to adopt her because she was just bonkers, but now she just sort of hangs out. Good puppy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The nutball had to go to the vet for a split dewclaw, so we asked them to run a DNA test while they were at it so we would know the breed(s). We're getting a lot of comments that she looks like she's got pitbull in her, but she doesn't have the stocky build, doesn't have the round head, and her tail is thin and long. She seems too thin and lean to have pitbull. I guess we'll know in three weeks or so.

202514206_10222843187979945_4142116087317039424_n.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The nutball had to go to the vet for a split dewclaw, so we asked them to run a DNA test while they were at it so we would know the breed(s). We're getting a lot of comments that she looks like she's got pitbull in her, but she doesn't have the stocky build, doesn't have the round head, and her tail is thin and long. She seems too thin and lean to have pitbull. I guess we'll know in three weeks or so.

View attachment 161424
My guess is she's a mix of a ridgeback and a beagle.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Looks like a shorter haired version of our previous doggo Sam, she was an LA county mutt, so definitely has some pit in her, but wasn't obviously a pit. She was loyal and lazy with moments of absolute insane energy like a Pit, so we went with it.

"Pitbull" is also a pretty broad spectrum to most people. If it's not obviously something else, and between 40 and 80 lbs, they think it's a big scary Pitbull.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looks like a DSO to me.
What does DSO mean?

FWIW this dog came from Mississippi. She must've have some abuse issues because when she is on the other side of a baby gate and I step over it, show cowers, tucks tail, and turns away. I always make sure to pet her and tell her it's ok. She'll grow out of that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

View attachment 161424
Eastern Tasmanian Death Hound. Pretty sure of it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pitties are usually the sweetest, goofiest dogs with people but often trouble with other dogs.
Abbey has never had issue with other dogs or animals in general. She wants to play with them, but there isn't an aggressive bone in her. She's actually a huge chicken.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Indy and Abbey got into it once pretty good shortly after Indy moved in, but it was Indy for sure. They are both sweethearts, but Indy had it rough at my buddy's house.

PXL_20210509_210346834.jpg