Quantcast

Post an old photo of you DH'ing on a bike that was too small

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They shrunk all the big stuff last time I was there. They moved all those big lips way way closer to the landings. I rode them comfortably on my trail bike, something I never would have done with the OG stuff.

People forget or never saw how awesome those things used to be before they got the shrink ray.

View attachment 168780
How far up do you hit the tree if you do the one in the foreground? Pretty high it seems?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Aug 25, 2003
The old timey times
I want to buy it to resell to Kidwoo for $5328.
I still appreciate that because I rode bigger jumps than the pretty racer boyz here could 18 years ago, everyone assumes I rode shitty bikes to do it.

bikes never owned:

banshee anything
kona anything
early transition anything
german/eastern block ANYTHING

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So, I'll let you know when I get a line on BMXman's old Nicolai Nucleon, then?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
bikes never owned:

german/eastern block ANYTHING
You missed out on Alutech? Unbelievable!

But seriously, they made/make fairly good bikes. Was in the process of ordering their normal Wildsau when the job opportunity in the US arose, so I got my first Uzzi instead.

You would have appreciated that bike, burly, adjustable geometry, 1.5 HT.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
You missed out on Alutech? Unbelievable!

But seriously, they made/make fairly good bikes. Was in the process of ordering their normal Wildsau when the job opportunity in the US arose, so I got my first Uzzi instead.

You would have appreciated that bike, burly, adjustable geometry, 1.5 HT.
That's funny, I knew the brand back in the day, but not those models.
They look like Ellsworths on coke & steroids.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Their current platform looks good and apparently also works very well. Sadly not made in Germany anymore.
They offer e-bike and Pinion options of it too!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Their current platform looks good and apparently also works very well. Sadly not made in Germany anymore.
They offer e-bike and Pinion options of it too!

I'd totally hit that. Perhaps with a water bottle mount on the top tube near the seat post/tube? If my water bottle was that accessible, do you know how much MOAR water (whiskey) i'd drink?!?!!? Not sexy, but for Bike Vault submissions, I'd remove said Whiskey bottle. :D

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Was at that race. Only thing sketchier than early 2000s bikes was the down loading on that old ass chair lift after the freeride competition. Pretty sure you are not supposed to load that many chairs going back down.