Quantcast

Post an old photo of you DH'ing on a bike that was too small

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Given that bikes are only now fitting tall people, what have you got?

This was late 2010, large Turner Highline.
IMG_3231.jpg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Shitty pic of an awesome Dead Sailor ripped from a shitty vid.
And to make it even better, I forgot my goggles, so was rocking the sunglasses :rofl:
2010 Delirium

Old Kelso log drop.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shitty pic of an awesome Dead Sailor ripped from a shitty vid.
And to make it even better, I forgot my goggles, so was rocking the sunglasses :rofl:
2010 Delirium

View attachment 168115
Ah that damn log drop in Kelso. I broke my thumb at the bottom of the hill after that, way back when - had the reverse of what is coined skiers thumb, the damn tendon broke off and ripped out a chunk of bone in the process. Fun! :rofl: Still finished that ride like an idiot though.

Found this picture from a long time ago, not quite sure where I was going...:confused:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ah that damn log drop in Kelso. I broke my thumb at the bottom of the hill after that, way back when - had the reverse of what is coined skiers thumb, the damn tendon broke off and ripped out a chunk of bone in the process. Fun! :rofl: Still finished that ride like an idiot though.

Found this picture from a long time ago, not quite sure where I was going...:confused:
For someplace pretty mild, it sure has some carnage racked up.
Not more than 10 minutes after that was shot, the guy shooting it ate shit on the corner after the drop and ended up upside down into a tree snapping his femur just below the hip socket. :eek: :panic:. That was fun. :no:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
For someplace pretty mild, it sure has some carnage racked up.
Not more than 10 minutes after that was shot, the guy shooting it ate shit on the corner after the drop and ended up upside down into a tree snapping his femur just below the hip socket. :eek: :panic:. That was fun. :no:
Damn thats brutal.

Yeah Kelso is special for whatever reason. Remember the girl that fell off the cliff a few years ago? And I know of one other person that broke their back at the top of the hill.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Went through my old files, still think there are some others lurking about. Found some real gold from the bad old days. I'm 6'2" and bikes from top to bottom: medium bighit 2003, medium VPFree 2005, medium demo 7 2008 (rented that sack of shit when my also too small medium Sunday failed to make the mail drop to Whis).

123_2358.JPG
100_1971.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Damn thats brutal.

Yeah Kelso is special for whatever reason. Remember the girl that fell off the cliff a few years ago? And I know of one other person that broke their back at the top of the hill.
Yup, I remember that. Never did hear the circumstances on how she rode off the cliff.
My worst there was a few good bruises from snapping off a decent sized sapling when things went a little awry at the bottom on the rock drop. Just a little bit of pilot error. :busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

The seat tube was so ridiculous on that V-Tach. Had a 400mm seat post for when I needed to pedal it, pretty sure my ass was behind the rear hub when it was all the way up.

Edit: that fuckin' thing...

Hah, I should look for a photo of me pedaling that Highline I posted in the OP. I think I'm already pretty close to above the rear axle with it lowered. I had a 400mm layback Thomson on it for pedaling. I did a Comfortably Numb loop in Whistler once.