Quantcast

Post an old photo of you DH'ing on a bike that was too small

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm all talk

I'd rather just ride dirtbikes with you in europe.

But no I'm not getting on a plane with americans in the near future.

edit: you edited your post so I'm editing mine

:rofl:

What's with the park ski tip vents?

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
That frame kind of looks like the Norco Rampage that is hanging in my parents shed. That boat anchor had a Marzocchi Triple pogo stick and Nokian tires. What a time to be alive that was.
Yeah but it was steel and weighed 8 or 9 pounds, the pedals were over a pound each.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
A picture of a picture. This shot Hang’s up on my wall. 1997,just rode it home from the shop. I have not the word’s to express how happy I was at that moment.
Avy
Nice one Avy! I had a GT LTS 1000 then a Santa Cruz Heckler during that time. I too was extra happy to own and ride my dream bikes at the time.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Nice one Avy! I had a GT LTS 1000 then a Santa Cruz Heckler during that time. I too was extra happy to own and ride my dream bikes at the time.
I thought It was the Best shot I could give for the Topic.Almost as Good as 6thElement’s. One can see,bike is looking small.
Avy

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Ugh, I think you just called me a russian. :rant:
My B, I saw "eastern Yurp" and decided that included the Czech. But I am relieved that you didn't huck your meat on a 57 lb abject POS "freeride" bike on random stair gaps in Moscow (and that you're not someone who was pulling for Drago to beat Rocky)

yep, that's the one
Huh, I thought it was a different huck to questionable lander, but I won't question your freeride recollections. And ho lee fuck, that sender in a public park was seriously legit by any standard. Also glad to see you had pants on back then.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My B, I saw "eastern Yurp" and decided that included the Czech. But I am relieved that you didn't huck your meat on a 57 lb abject POS "freeride" bike on random stair gaps in Moscow (and that you're not someone who was pulling for Drago to beat Rocky)
Crisis averted.

1640737722044.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Huh, I thought it was a different huck to questionable lander, but I won't question your freeride recollections. And ho lee fuck, that sender in a public park was seriously legit by any standard. Also glad to see you had pants on back then.
Not sure I'd call the woodlot a 'public park' back then but was some pretty cool stuff back there for the time.

Some friends were up there the same time we were and I told them about it and how to hit it and they went and got some much cooler, moodier shots with some real camera gear

john donor3.JPG

john donor2.JPG

john donor1.JPG

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Are you talking about this one?
That's not Blood Doner. (Edit: to be clear, I'm referring to jackalope's photo, not the ones kidwoo snuck in above me!) There were no jumps on the road the BD gap gapped. If it was in the Vancouver area, maybe the sideshow drop over Air Supply?

Here's what's left of the Blood Doner gap.
IMG_0621.JPG

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Are you talking about this one?

That's not Blood Doner. There were no jumps on the road the BD gap gapped. If it was in the Vancouver area, maybe the sideshow drop over Air Supply?

Here's what's left of the Blood Doner gap.
View attachment 169560
shit you're right, my bad

Just went back and watched my vid of it and it's not built on a stump like that, and the landing is obviously more built up

Stuff I posted is definitely the donor trail though. It's just over a decade out and the concussions are doing their magic.

I thought I remembered riding some dinky little jump line on the way up to it on the trail that goes underneath tho....

Air supply makes sense. That was definitely more weird jank on the trail underneath it ;)

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Not sure I'd call the woodlot a 'public park' back then but was some pretty cool stuff back there for the time.

Some friends were up there the same time we were and I told them about it and how to hit it and they went and got some much cooler, moodier shots with some real camera gear

View attachment 169557
View attachment 169558

View attachment 169559
So,bottom left corner shot 2 and 3,is that you’re buddy with a Jett Lite(sorry for the plug.) Headlight on?Same Day? If it we’re me on that bike in shot 3,I would put it on that new fracture thing. Beautiful Shot.
Avy

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Reminds me of a section in Whistler bike park, maybe called "Manager"?

Stretching my memory on the name...
Good memory on the name, and it was similarly steep to the one in my pic, but that one was actually on Wild Cherry ( Cypress Mtn). It turns out its a really good way to bend the steerer tube on your fork backwards so that your headtube angle becomes more XC friendly.

Regarding the pic of me on the pier drop, thats Side Show, which I think was on Fromme but may be mistaken. Maybe @SuboptimusPrime can recall.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Someone posted a 2002 Banshee Scream with Monster-T today on FB for $2500.

:drag:
MikeD,there must be so much I don’t know about you,otherwise I would know what you mean. Forgive me. If you don’t mind,I have question’s.

Do you think that is a good price?

If you had mind,would you pull the trigger on such a Mighty,but Old Dog?

Last,I thought it was a typo on FB? Did not see the Bike on Pink Bike?
Avy

Last edited:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
MikeD,there must be so much I don’t know about you,otherwise I would know what you mean. Forgive me. If you don’t mind,I have question’s.

Do you think that is a good price?

If you had mind,would you pull the trigger on such a Mighty,but Old Dog?

Last,I thought it was a typo on FB? Did not see the Bike on Pink Bike?
Avy
Its a lot for a bike that is a bit shit imo, but they have a niche and people crave them so they will probs get it.