Quantcast

post canyon or falls city?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
i am looking for some feedback here on these two places. i have been to post many times and think the world of that place, it's kick ass trails, the skillfully built stunts, and laid back attitude. there is no local "ownership" or mtb snobbery at post, and i really dig that. the locals are eager to show you around, and after 10 or so times there, you feel like a "local" yourself. so my question is which is better, falls city or post? i have a long weekend coming up, and i have never been down to falls city. i have heard wonderful things about that place, and now i have to pick one. you people who have ridden both places, please give me some input about falls city. i already know about yhe package deal at post, surrounding trails,beer, food,hood river is a cool
town...... i just want you guy to rate the riding...... thanx! trev

oh ya, i don't intend for this to turn into a "my riding spot is better than yours" . i know both places have their strengths, or i wouldn't be askin' you guys for advice. just want to know if you had to pick only one to ride, which would it be?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
FALLS CITY
PLUS-
area is designated for mountain bikes only
better built, well thought out stunts
much much better flow
awesome "basic training" area
smooth trails
trees give shade, keeping the whole riding area cooler

MINUS-
have to push / ride up
nothing really big
only need a little bike
farther drive from Portland

POST CANYON
PLUS-
shuttle-able
longer trails
more variety
some really big stuff
the Gorge is cool
Hood River is nice to hang out in
Great views of Mt Hood, Mt Adams

MINUS-
some stunts aren't well thought out
some trails have no flow
hotter and dustier
newbies get lost easily, can't find trails
motorcycles

these are "my" opinions.
I'd say try to hit one spot saturday, the other sunday.
Click below for photos of both areas,
Tim

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Let's do Post for sure. I have some unfinished business with a couple hits out there.

Edit: We can keep Fall City on the back burner. I'm always down for a camping trip. I think there was an article on Fall City in a recent Decline mag. Or was that Bend?

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
post it is then mikey! we are familiar w/the place, we know where the good stuff is at, and its closer to home. we may be heading down this sunday, but we are on for the planned weekend fersure! anyone else want to join us, pm me. i live an hour north of portland, have the ultimate shuttle truck that seats 6 adults. 4 people is most comfortable for drive there... :thumb: