Quantcast

Post Canyon this weekend? Or syncline?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Okay, we're thinking about making a trip out to PC this sunday..... as long as it isn't soaking wet. Anyone been in hood river this week? MotoXmg, how's the weather been?

If not, our other option is syncline. Anyone else want to ride?

-Zane

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Otherwise known as Bingin (it's right past the town of bingin), syncline is a fast, rocky shuttlable downhill trail that is really a XC trail.... but we ride it anyways. There's also a trail down the other side of the hill that's mostly downhill, but has a few pedal sections- it's still pretty fast and flowy singletrack. It's pretty fun.

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
sincline rocks oly. super fast....... not real tech. but very fun and you can't beat the view. gorge view in both directions from top. i was there two weeks ago and wildflowers are in bloom! beautiful! bring camera! i'm there zane, pm me w/meeting time!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sounds like cap forest #30. More fun than some people give it credit for since theres not drops and 30' gaps everywhere...... .

BTW, Where the F#&k is Bingin? I assume Southern Wa somewhere??

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I'll make it out there with Ryan (eknomf) probably both days since I'm not likely to make it to PA. I'm still sore from Ski Bowl so I'll take it easy.

Bingen is the Washington side of the river from Hood River.
Syncline is Coyote Canyon on one side down, through the trees and praries zig zaging around with a couple small rock gardens. Little Moab, the other way down starts down a dirt road then opens up onto single track on the edge of a cliff over looking the Gorge. It's high speed over jagged boulders the rest of the way down. This trail is never muddy no matter how much it rains, probably because of all the wind. I think each way down is around eight miles length.
Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
fattyfat1 said:
sincline pics
Nice pics, I've ridden there a dozen or so times but never really stop to check out the view. If I took some photos they would all be of the trail features, rock gardens, boulders, drops, and other fun stuff found on the trail. Shows where my head is.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I'll be taking it easy as well... still sore from ski bowl and only have a skate helmet since that tree broke my full face at the race. I'm thinking id like to do PC the dryest day and then syncline the other day. I also might be up for just camping out there if anyone wants to to save on gas and get lots of riding in.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Ryan (eknomf) and I are meeting at the TA truck stop in Troutdale tomorrow, Saturday at 9:30. We're heading toward Post Canyon, but might make it to Syncline as well or instead.

I'm driving my Suby wagon alone, anyone from Portland want a ride?

Tim

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I'm pretty sure it was my best day ever at Post Canyon today. The trails were in such good shape. Ryan, Eric, and I met up with a few guys from Seattle, we showed them the trails and had a great time.

Jake, Rocker , Gary and a crew of guys were working on a sweet new double at the end of Egg Hunt. I can't wait to hit it up next time. Looks like a great place to shoot video.
Tim

Attachments

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Zane, WEather Has Really Sucked Lately...still Perty Wet.......ps-everyone Be Careful On Syncline, Just Heard A Local Died Yesterday After Going Over The Cliff On His Bike!!!!!!!!