Quantcast

Post Canyon

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Gonna make my first trip down to Post Canyon this weekend. Never having been there I don't know how to set up my bike. Is this area shuttle accessed or am I gonna have to ride up some dang hills:) Thanks for the info.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
jmartin said:
Is this area shuttle accessed or am I gonna have to ride up some dang hills:)
All of it is shuttle-able. Not sure if the LBSs have maps, but speaking from experience, the first time up, it is easy to miss some of the good stuff.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Stop by Mt. View Cycles and get a map, but non of the trails are marked so it's kinda a crap shoot. It's best to go down with someone that knows the area to see the good stuff:)

As of last weekend the trails are dry and dusty:love:

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Basically you are going to need a shuttle. If you don't have one you'll be walking for hours. Pick up a map at the LBS it helps a ton... ummm yeh post is tight they got somebig stuff.

jmartin

Chimp
Oct 19, 2005
Thanks for the info. Right now we are not sure if we are gonna head to Post or up to Galbrieth. We want to go down to Post but none of us has been there before and will probably spend most of the day stumbleing around looking fo rthe good stuff. Anyone riding down there that wouldn't mind a few extra riders around? Thanks again

elRey

Turbo Monkey
I MIGHT be there saturday. I still don't know my way around Post Canyon, so I prolly won't be of much help anyway. As long as you don't go to the VERY top it's pretty easy to follow the map and find cool stuff. The very first time me and my friend went there we got so lost. I would reccomend riding with someone who knows there way around if you want to find really big stuff or go to the top.