Quantcast

Post here if you think Stosh should race in the 24 hours of Dalton.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
Edit#2: our team did rock!

and that includes justbill & jdcamp :thumb:
I second that and I'll also add a shout out to Splat's wife and his kids too!!

And to MBC and MBC's Mom for showing up on Sunday to root us on at the end.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Well actually I think the fastest lap of the race was some dude on a SS, but there were 2 hills that there's no way I could have done on my SS.
Did you at any point ever have to get off and walk?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
No, but there was a hill that lots of people walked.
Oh, I'm gonna need to get in better shape for this summer. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for me to start working on that now.....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im really going to do a 24 hour race one of these days. I think Id like a desert on better though, Ive not ever ridden in the desert, but that will change soon, I hope.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
Why is that??? Just curious.
There were two spots I had to walk. The "demotivator" as Splat mentioned is a steep, maybe 50 yard technical climb. But it comes at the top a four mile hill climb. The second spot is a 1/4 mile steep, non-technical climb near the end of the loop. MANY people walked this part because by the time you get to it, you're already pretty shot.

Fun fun. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Dalton, Mass -> couple minutes from Pittsfield, MA

riding SS> the plan is to have a different course this year

hike a bike> I didnt walk any climbs, but I didnt have any clean laps (those damn slippery roots!)

RIP>SOLO!? why would you not want to be on a team?

RIP#2>I'll put $20 up right now that I do more laps then you (and I'll be on a team)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
douglas said:
Dalton, Mass -> couple minutes from Pittsfield, MA

RIP>SOLO!? why would you not want to be on a team?

RIP#2>I'll put $20 up right now that I do more laps then you (and I'll be on a team)

1)I want to see if I can do it.

2)I'll put $20 on you doing more laps than me since I'm a complete newbie when it comes to 24 hour racing, who will be doing the thing on a 40 pound dirtjump bike with an Evil SRS on the front.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:
1)I want to see if I can do it.

2)I'll put $20 on you doing more laps than me since I'm a complete newbie when it comes to 24 hour racing, who will be doing the thing on a 40 pound dirtjump bike with an Evil SRS on the front.
sorry, I was just trying to either call you on speaking BS or motivate you!

anyway, Ofcourse you can do it....its not like there is a minimum # of laps you have to do, you could do the first lap, take a 20 or so hour break and do one more - just finish it after 11am & before 1pm........BUT being part of team, is what made it such an awesome experience (for me.)

40lb DJ bike? :nope: not sure if that is a good idea, if you need to borrow a more XCish bike, let me know and I'll do my best to hook you up