Quantcast

>>>> Post Santa Friday GTM <<<<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've always wondered if that stuff actually works. My subie could benefit of it does.
I did it in my Mazda a bunch of years ago. I think I used the Turtle Wax kit which required a drill. It worked okay, but if I recall I did that in the middle of the summer in a driveway, which isn't ideal.

This go around I used one of the Meguiar's kits and did it by hand. Dumb me didn't take a before picture, but it looks better so far. I think the sealing spray in this kit does a lot of the work to make it "shiny".

We'll see what it looks like tomorrow after driving 14 hours, but it at least looks clear again.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A business partner wanted to get into a calculation battle with me, right in my wheelhouse. I almost feel bad for the avalanche of numbers I just jammed down the intertubez.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also on the note of lights... has anyone noticed how much glare comes from some particular cars now? A lot of Toyotas are blindingly bright at night and so are a few GM trucks.
Yes. Especially when driving a normal car since most truck/SUV headlights are positioned about 7 feet off the ground. Surely a testament to the manliness of the owner.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How about the assholes that slap light bars all over the front and make SURE that they're on all the time. :mad:
Jeep owners...... Jeeps also have horrible headlights......and a lot of their owners replace them with equally awful LED lights that might as well be laser beams.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to the shooting range and pissed away a few boxes of ammo. Not sure if I will ever go again. Folks seem kind of aggressive there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jeep owners...... Jeeps also have horrible headlights......and a lot of their owners replace them with equally awful LED lights that might as well be laser beams.

Are you talking about the revered round lights on the Wrangler or whatever lifted version of the Fiat 500 that passes for a Jeep these days?

Today's Jeep is just the Harley Davidson of the automotive world.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Are you talking about the revered round lights on the Wrangler or whatever lifted version of the Fiat 500 that passes for a Jeep these days?

Today's Jeep is just the Harley Davidson of the automotive world.
The Wrangler. When people do replacements like this crap:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also fog lights should be left turned on at all times even if it hasn't been foggy for six months. You not knowing what the extra light on your dashboard is or that there's an off switch is irrelevant.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also fog lights should be left turned on at all times even if it hasn't been foggy for six months. You not knowing what the extra light on your dashboard is or that there's an off switch is irrelevant.

I used to find low aimed fog lights extremely helpful for identifying ice during wet/freezing conditions on the east coast. in Seattle they just help let you know that you are going to ruin a tire/wheel on a pothole in .1 seconds.