Quantcast

Post-Sovereign Hardtail Options

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Thinking about it being a rigid/short travel machine...assuming both will fit and it's a matter of mere preference, which seems 99.9% the case...would shorter be better for easier front-end control, vice just plowing through stuff with slack angles and longer travel?

Also, just seen on their FB page, first shot of the purple I ordered...I thought it'd be more dark-eggplant...but I really like this.

View attachment 175716
Jesus, that would have to be the slackest bike ever to have a Sid on it

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
After another ride on the Canfield this morning, I think I need the Longer. I just wish Pipedream would write me back. I have several unanswered emails with them...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ok they confirmed a Longer frame for me! Sweet.

But it looks like the frame box is too big to send through diplomatic pouch, which sucks. I am gonna need to have a friend in the US receive it then forward it to me via the USPS shipping option here. I wish they could send that way from the UK but they use a courier service and not the national postal system so I'm not sure it will be addressable to the "DPO" USPS ZIP we use.

Booooo. Whatever, though, I'll figure it out.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Finally got updates from Pipedream...container ship is in the English channel but has to stop through Flanders or someplace else, then they'll start shipping out of the UK within a day or two of receipt at their location. I'm guessing I see it mid-June-ish at earliest.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally got updates from Pipedream...container ship is in the English channel but has to stop through Flanders or someplace else, then they'll start shipping out of the UK within a day or two of receipt at their location. I'm guessing I see it mid-June-ish at earliest.
4u2f3c.jpg

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
whew, it finally shipped...

3-7 days to the US, but then my buddy has to re-ship it to me which will take another week or so more after he finally gets it to the post office.