Quantcast

Post Tammy Ride

splat

Nam I am
Well when I got up this morning I did not think there would be any chance of riding today. it wassuppose to rain all day and after all teh rain we got yesterday , I had no plans.

So around 10 My son and I take a Hike into the woods and do a little bit of trail work. I was actually amazed at the condition of the trails, very little mud , the the trilas were actually drying up. so As I was walking out , My Cell phone rangand it was berkshire_rider wondering about a ride . Long story short we decided to ride at 1:30

so we got out there , skies looked threatening , and it rained on uisa litttle bit , bt it was still worth it. we actually did see 2 other rideres out there.

any way here Berkshire_rider on some rock going off of a lip.

doing a HOP up

Now I have ridden therse trails quite afew times , but I had never noticed this. a 1 inch thick 2 foot X 2 foot Piece of Green Marble. well maybe we can use this on some new trail construction .

Bershire rider agin on another boulder

Berkshire rider , riding down the "easy" line on the frame twister. note that root at the bottom was like ICE!! Very slippery

and fianlly Berkshire rider exiting the Big Berm

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
We were lucky with the rain. They rec'd 11 inches in 48 hours up in Keene, NH. :eek: It actually wasn't that bad out there today. Didn't even need to wash the bike afterwards.

Here's a few of Splat:

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Splat,
The flat stone you discovered looks like a gravestone, especially the very straight edge at the bottom of the photo. The size suggests it may have been for a child. If there is no lettering on it, that may just be a consequence of it's age and exposure to the elements.

In New England it is not uncommon to discover these stones out in the middle of the woods, even in fairly populated sections of the states. Out near my house in the Berkshires, I have found a number of these small (sometimes only one stone) graveyards out in the middle of the woods with no road even nearby. It may sound morbid, but I've begun chronicalling these small, lost graveyards in print and photos. Sort of a NELSAP http://www.nelsap.org/ for graveyards.

The Cheese

splat

Nam I am
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Splat,
The flat stone you discovered looks like a gravestone, especially the very straight edge at the bottom of the photo. The size suggests it may have been for a child. If there is no lettering on it, that may just be a consequence of it's age and exposure to the elements.

In New England it is not uncommon to discover these stones out in the middle of the woods, even in fairly populated sections of the states. Out near my house in the Berkshires, I have found a number of these small (sometimes only one stone) graveyards out in the middle of the woods with no road even nearby. It may sound morbid, but I've begun chronicalling these small, lost graveyards in print and photos. Sort of a NELSAP http://www.nelsap.org/ for graveyards.

The Cheese

No , We pulled it up , it is not that old , and is pollished on the top sufrace but the bottom was quite rough, the edges on all 4 sides were pollished and rounded. and it was a green Marble, somehting that is not native to New England, quite franky it looked like a cutting board.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Splat,
there's a trail in dogtown called Anne's Path, which is marked by a stone memorial set into the earth.