Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
NASIOC, in this case, which loved that video since it's entitled by the uploader as "I've got the weirdest boner right now." :rofl: No idea who the performers are.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That reminds me of the time I did a self headshot when I was 9 or 10 and learned to shot with an air-gun - I hit the target perfectly but the bullet bounced off somehow and got it right between the eyes. Fortunately air guns ricochets have close to no power.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
That reminds me of the time I did a self headshot when I was 9 or 10 and learned to shot with an air-gun - I hit the target perfectly but the bullet bounced off somehow and got it right between the eyes. Fortunately air guns ricochets have close to no power.
thankfully you werent shooting anything bigger

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
My pants would be full. What is the chance of that? Especially since it seemed like he was firing at a target very far away.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
My pants would be full. What is the chance of that? Especially since it seemed like he was firing at a target very far away.
.50 BMG has an effective range over a mile. That STEEL target is no more than 100 yards away SMH

edit: if you pause it at 0:20, you see the ricochet hit his left ear muff. Lucky bastid

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Where do you see the steel target? Also so he was shooting a steel object at roughly the right angle?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
.50 BMG has an effective range over a mile. That STEEL target is no more than 100 yards away SMH

edit: if you pause it at 0:20, you see the ricochet hit his left ear muff. Lucky bastid
someone in the videos says "no more iron."
apparently he hit the target at the perfect angle to ricochet back
listen to the "ting" sound about half a second after he fires. That's steel baby.
What is the most likely culprit in this video is not an actual ricochet, but a peice of the steel/iron they were shooting at.

The projectile in question went straight through the metal they werre shooting at and sent shrapnel.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
What is the most likely culprit in this video is not an actual ricochet, but a peice of the steel/iron they were shooting at.

The projectile in question went straight through the metal they werre shooting at and sent shrapnel.
I was also curious how a .50 rifle can ricochet off a steel plate but since I'm not a gun nut I never questioned it. Seems likely.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was also curious how a .50 rifle can ricochet off a steel plate but since I'm not a gun nut I never questioned it. Seems likely.
That gun/round can puncture an engine block at a mile. I'm with dirtymike, it has to be shrapnel.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That gun/round can puncture an engine block at a mile. I'm with dirtymike, it has to be shrapnel.
My .357 can blow holes in an engine block like its cool..... As a gun guy I am absolutly sure that was shrapnel , not the projectile.

I need to post a gif