Quantcast

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
That is why they say you shouldn't get out of your car. Especially in the middle of the freeway. Did you guys catch the guy getting smashed between the two cars?

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Short story:
I got hit crossing the street. I flipped over the car breaking the headlight, denting the hood, and shattering the windshield. I landed well behind the car which didn't stop till about 30' past me.

Here's the long story:
In 2000 I got off the commuter rail and proceeded to walk back to my apartment. I go to the cross walk with about 20 other people and the lane to our left had stopped so we started to cross. I looked right and saw a car but it was a ways away. So I hunkered down in my big down coat with hood (it was about 10 deg) and walked across the other lane. It got about three feet from the edge of the road when noticed I was awash in headlights and I thought "uh oh". Next thing I know I'm tumbling around trying to brace myself and when I thought it was over I got kicked into the air by the windshield. It was all in slow motion. I flipped a few times in the air but spotted the road just before impact so I was able to catch myself. The lady never saw me and didn't stop till she was a ways past me. She came running up hysterical asking if I was alright. I didn't answer but instead just groaned in pain. I writhed in pain until I noticed that I was still on the road so I rolled off the road until the ambulance got there. The witnesses and cops estimate she was going about 40 (the limit was 30). Boy, was I lucky. I'm not sure how I managed to avoid hitting my head. I got a cut on my right leg from her bumper/light along with some road rash and I ached all over but otherwise was fine.