Quantcast

Post the best internet commerce sites:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The thread about cheap glasses inspired me.... :)

There was a few great suggestion in there for site to buy glasses from I had never heard of so it got me thinking what do other people use for other purchases?

This was the place for prescription glasses
http://www.zennioptical.com/

For me I use Monoprice for home electronic accessories like cables, outdoor speakers, car chargers and more.
www.monoprice.com

This was mentioned in the other thread as well for cellphone stuff:
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
So far 2 for 3 on www.dealextreme.com. I bought the 900 Lumen headlamp for $45 that Arkayne suggested, shipped from the US warehouse almost immediately and had it in under a week (and holy poop this thing is bright! Blows any other sub-$50 light out of the water). Ordered a ton of other random headlights/tail lights (5? 6?) that all averaged $4-5 apiece, they shipped from HK and got here in ~3.5 weeks. Went back and ordered a different 900 Lumen headlamp from the US warehouse, they charged my credit card that day and...... no light. Finally found out it's backordered last week after chatting/emailing, but no notification, no email alerting me to this fact, nothing.

They have offered to cancel my order if I want, but what I REALLY want is another super-bright Li-Ion headlamp for $45. We'll see what happens. So, great site 2/3rds of the time, and occasionally there's a SNAFU and your order gets delayed?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ordered an HDMI switcher and 3 HDMI cables from Monoprice for $48 shipped that came in the other day. Stuff seems really good quality for the price and seems to be working well.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I buy locally grown, manufactured and brewed products. Let me know when there's a locally owned manufacturer making eyeglasses here instead of importing frames and lens-blanks for $10 and selling them for $400. I won't give my business to an Italian company that holds a monopoly on eyeglasses here in the US and still imports their products from China just so that a tiny % of the 2000% markup can go back to the lady behind the counter who makes sure my glasses fit right.