Quantcast

Post the first thing that comes to mind with the word "Overrated"

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Thats my thought....

There is a Brewery about half a block from my house that brews on site, they have a killer stout that will knock damn near everyone on there ass at 12 percent..... PH Woods... This place brews some great tasting brew
Do want. Will trade you something awesome for some next time I see ya if you're down.

Speaking of, I know life's pretty nuts for you right now, but any chance you're going to be riding soon? I'm back, we should get something together.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Do want. Will trade you something awesome for some next time I see ya if you're down.

Speaking of, I know life's pretty nuts for you right now, but any chance you're going to be riding soon? I'm back, we should get something together.
You like red? Stout? Brown? Pale??? Ill grab a Growler for ya, Im partial to reds myself.

Back and forth on the riding right now. I want to get something together though

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You like red? Stout? Brown? Pale??? Ill grab a Growler for ya, Im partial to reds myself.

Stout sounds most my style. I'll hit ya with something in return, anything else up your alley besides reds?

Let me know when you're free and we'll hook something up. I'm good most weekends, or even some weekday mornings (esp Friday).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I was never a red fan until I had the Laurelwood Free Range Red. Not what I expected from a red, it was very tasty without the overly hoppy taste. Medium body and very refreshing.

The brew pub where my son works used to be Laurelwood, so I got to try it before they had a batch of their own stuff. I liked it better than what they brew now.

<edit> The Tree Hugger Porter and Space Stout are also very awesome. Damn we have good beer in these parts.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I was never a red fan until I had the Laurelwood Free Range Red. Not what I expected from a red, it was very tasty without the overly hoppy taste. Medium body and very refreshing.

The brew pub where my son works used to be Laurelwood, so I got to try it before they had a batch of their own stuff. I liked it better than what they brew now.

<edit> The Tree Hugger Porter and Space Stout are also very awesome. Damn we have good beer in these parts.

I find that the best brews come from the smallest places. Mainly because they care more about what they are making.

The Laurelwood looks like itll be pretty tasty.

Oh and back to the original topic

Hanger 24 Orange wheat....... Its ok, but seriously overrated.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
-Patron
-Any pop music
-Specialized
-Oakley (which could get me killed since I live about 3 miles from the factory)
-iAnything (pods, phones, pads etc)
-Chain resturants
-Hoppy beers

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'll defend my dislike of hoppy beers.

Beer started off as just fermented grains... but it was too sweet like that, so spices and stuff were added to add a touch of "bitter" to offest the sweetness. There should be a perfect balance between the two. People these days think that the hoppier the beer the better it is. Imagine if we thought that way about salt!! You add salt to your cookie dough, but only to balance the other flavors or add a counterpoint.

SO... a small amount of bittering hops in your beer is perfectly acceptable. Hopping the cr@p out of it for no reason is nasty. I don't want to drink a bouque of pot-pori, so don't add 10 packs of hopps to the fermenter. Add a bit to the wart boiling... at the beginning!! and maybe a tiny touch at the end. I want to taste the MALT and the GRAIN and the YEAST as well as the hops.
:thumb:

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
People who think that they are too cool to argue about beer. ;)

We aren't "argueing" (sp?) about beer... we are DISCUSSING.

Yeah, Spelling is over rated as well.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma

Beer started off as just fermented grains... but it was too sweet like that, so spices and stuff were added to add a touch of "bitter" to offest the sweetness. There should be a perfect balance between the two. People these days think that the hoppier the beer the better it is. Imagine if we thought that way about salt!! You add salt to your cookie dough, but only to balance the other flavors or add a counterpoint.

SO... a small amount of bittering hops in your beer is perfectly acceptable. Hopping the cr@p out of it for no reason is nasty. I don't want to drink a bouque of pot-pori, so don't add 10 packs of hopps to the fermenter. Add a bit to the wart boiling... at the beginning!! and maybe a tiny touch at the end. I want to taste the MALT and the GRAIN and the YEAST as well as the hops.
I believe hoppy beer trend started with IPA didn't it. And the IPA was really heavy hops in an attempt to help it keep longer during ocean travels. I don't believe it was successful, but it spawned a new style of beer.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I think high-alcohol beers are over-rated. Love the taste of some of the bigger IPA's, but if I drink 4-6 pints of (for example) Racer 5 - say goodnight.

On the other hand, they are good for getting your date drunk. :rolleyes:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

I like a hoppy beer if it's balanced. It needs to taste like something more than a ****load of hops. DFH 90 is a great example. It's pretty hoppy, but has some sweetness to it as well. And it rules.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005

Hops werent added for flavor at first,

I believe hoppy beer trend started with IPA didn't it. And the IPA was really heavy hops in an attempt to help it keep longer during ocean travels. I don't believe it was successful, but it spawned a new style of beer.
Not sure if it was with IPA's, but Yes hops were added as a preservative so taht ales would last throughout longer trips without spoiling. Overtime people grew to enjoy the flavor hops added to their ales

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
How about you beer pansies drink a real beer and get a Dogfish Head 120min IPA? It's 18% abv and amazing hops flavor. I've had them a few times before...expensive on my Best Buy paychecks but well worth the flavor.

And for something that is overrated....Cessna aircraft. They suck...period.