Quantcast

Post-turkey day, day

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This looks fun
Don't hate me, but I ride there from my house. Just under 4 miles of warm up to the start of the hellacious climb.
Don't hate me more but I have a 1700ft descent to get to Nick's house to then head to that ride.
I honestly prefer the Mountain Lion dh to Longhorn.
West Jefferson.

WIfe and I rode the same loop as yesterday but opposite direction. Not sure what's on the ride agenda for the weekend...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
yeah....figuring it out for the 50R is more fun....multiply by 0.78 i think...the GF 32-64 F4 works out to like 24-50....
How do you deal with the file sizes on the 50R? I decided against a 45 megapixle camera because of downstream data management.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
How do you deal with the file sizes on the 50R? I decided against a 45 megapixle camera because of downstream data management.
to be honest....i need to buy capture one or renew lightroom...

the jpegs are pretty enough.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I guess downsized and modestly sharpened 11 megapixel images might look good enough in everything you ever want use them for. Heck, some of my fav pictures are from my 4 megapixel Sigma DP2. But then again, some are scans from 5x7 - 8x10 large format negatives. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't hate me more but I have a 1700ft descent to get to Nick's house to then head to that ride.

West Jefferson.

WIfe and I rode the same loop as yesterday but opposite direction. Not sure what's on the ride agenda for the weekend...
Which also means you have a 1700' climb to get home

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wall framing in basement is progressing. Would have made more progress but had to stop when my framing nailer started blowing air out the nose; can't really complain, first time I've used it despite having it for years (and it was free). Couldn't source the orings locally, amazon says they'll be here Sunday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
DAMMIT now i want onion rings.

kids cousins came over and they played outside all afternoon and had a blast. much food and drink consumed on the patio. day turned out beautifully. cleaned stuff up and chillin on the couch with a stout. gonna ride tomorrow or sunday. shit's good for the time being, yo.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
None of our plans were accomplished because we couldn't get MIL for watch Hannah today. Haley got to ski and for second 30min session since March, she snapped back into it. They are bumping her up a level again for the semi-private lessons.
Since we were "stuck" at home with Hannah, I worked in the garage. I got wood to make a cross-cut sled and to build a wall rack for my drivers, bits, and charging. I managed to get the wall rack built but need to move some things around before I mount it.
IMG_20201127_183810_01.jpg

Once I know exactly where I'm putting it, I'll be mounting a power strip on the outside accordingly. Drivers will hang, batteries and bit containers bottom shelf, then charging up top.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh Fuck kill me now. Tis the post Turkey day and the wife has started watching Xmas Movies.... I'm moving out to the camper where I don't have to hear 30 days of inane xmas jingles
My sister got me a job at American Greetings (Hallmark competitors) over the holidays in HS and through college. I fucking HATE holiday music. I hate seasonal attire. I hate seasonal activities. I hate seasonal movies. I fucking hate them all. Wifey won't play music in the house outside of Xmas morning because of how much I hate that shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My sister got me a job at American Greetings (Hallmark competitors) over the holidays in HS and through college. I fucking HATE holiday music. I hate seasonal attire. I hate seasonal activities. I hate seasonal movies. I fucking hate them all. Wifey won't play music in the house outside of Xmas morning because of how much I hate that shit.
I'm going to mail you some Christmas glitter

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Preach it Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
None of our plans were accomplished because we couldn't get MIL for watch Hannah today. Haley got to ski and for second 30min session since March, she snapped back into it. They are bumping her up a level again for the semi-private lessons.
Since we were "stuck" at home with Hannah, I worked in the garage. I got wood to make a cross-cut sled and to build a wall rack for my drivers, bits, and charging. I managed to get the wall rack built but need to move some things around before I mount it.View attachment 152885
Once I know exactly where I'm putting it, I'll be mounting a power strip on the outside accordingly. Drivers will hang, batteries and bit containers bottom shelf, then charging up top.
how many drivers/drills do you have?! 6 with room for one more? :)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Since we were "stuck" at home with Hannah, I worked in the garage. I got wood to make a cross-cut sled and to build a wall rack for my drivers, bits, and charging. I managed to get the wall rack built but need to move some things around before I mount it.View attachment 152885
That actually turned out really good.
Nice job, chief.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
5, all Craftsman 19.2v battery platform. As they fail, I will be replacing them with Makita stuff, but need space for it. I also have a Ryobi hammer drill (corded) that will get hung too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hmm, my own inventory.

Drivers:
1/2" impact driver (cars/trucks)
3/8" impact driver (cars)
1/4" 20V impact driver
1/4" 12V fluid impact driver
Multi-head installation driver

Drills:
20V 3/8" chuck hammer drill
20V 3/8" chuck right angle drill
12V 3/8" chuck drill
Corded wrist breaker

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I guess downsized and modestly sharpened 11 megapixel images might look good enough in everything you ever want use them for. Heck, some of my fav pictures are from my 4 megapixel Sigma DP2. But then again, some are scans from 5x7 - 8x10 large format negatives. :D
Just went from 10 to 20. Not saying that there never will be a high megapixel body in my life though. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hmm, my own inventory.

Drivers:
1/2" impact driver (cars/trucks)
3/8" impact driver (cars)
1/4" 20V impact driver
1/4" 12V fluid impact driver
Multi-head installation driver

Drills:
20V 3/8" chuck hammer drill
20V 3/8" chuck right angle drill
12V 3/8" chuck drill
Corded wrist breaker
Finished with placement:
IMG_20201128_130225_01.jpg

And yes, that is my "this has no place, I'll just put it here" spot

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
5, all Craftsman 19.2v battery platform. As they fail, I will be replacing them with Makita stuff, but need space for it. I also have a Ryobi hammer drill (corded) that will get hung too.
I have had good luck with Makita. I only have two drills and a driver, but I definitely have a minimalist approach. Wait, I have an SDS drill too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have had good luck with Makita. I only have two drills and a driver, but I definitely have a minimalist approach. Wait, I have an SDS drill too.
I had a drill and impact wrench forever. After I hit an electrical line that wasn't protected, I went on a "do it right if your going to diy" rant in the reddit diy forum. Some guy had a bunch of drivers from when he switched platforms that he sent to me because one of mine was acting funny.