Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

robert716

Chimp
Feb 22, 2010
Reno, Nevada
How's that TR450 ride? It looks awesome.

I like the Demo too, and I found it interesting that you've got a long seat post and what looks to be a full-size cassette on the back. Do you pedal it to the top a lot?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Nothing at all. I think it's a great idea if you like to self-shuttle, which I do.
i dont self shuttle, i just like to ride my DH bikes everywhere..and sometimes that includes uphills.
i have a small cassette on my DS bike and the range seems pretty much useless. the gears are so close to each other, that i feel i should made a SS

Last edited:

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i love the TR so far. Super freakin fast and i just feel i'm not good enough for it. It pedals amazing, no brake jack that i can tell, and is just supple. I def suggest it!

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
I like the Demo too, and I found it interesting that you've got a long seat post and what looks to be a full-size cassette on the back. Do you pedal it to the top a lot?
I do have to pedal it up more then I would like. When the park opens up it will probaly get swapped out. The seatpost is so long cause I didint want to cut the brand new one cause I had a cut one at home... Went from the shop to the trails.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
My two-wheeled gravity propelled rocket...
It might be the derailleur hanger, but the derailleur it self looks WAY out of wack and hanging down pretty far. Can you reduce the B-tension to get it tucked up higher and get the pulley closer to improve shifting? Unlike a shimano part, the SRAM will not bang into the chainstay/horst.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
that demo looks really nice! congrats!

It might be the derailleur hanger, but the derailleur it self looks WAY out of wack and hanging down pretty far. Can you reduce the B-tension to get it tucked up higher and get the pulley closer to improve shifting? Unlike a shimano part, the SRAM will not bang into the chainstay/horst.
nor will a shimano shadow type rear derailleur....

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Wow... Sexiest. Ever. Great job dude. So tasteful.
thanks man:thumb:

Yah, what are they?

Whats with the tri color zips on the spoke?
Its a Specialized pinnit up front and a clutch sx in the rear..

..and those are my rasta spokey-dokes. they go "tink tink" and everything lol.

I bet i probably could but i have to have the b-screw pretty much maxed to clear my big ol' honkin mountain cassette on the back (pretty sure its a 32 or a 34)

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Nope, we got the complete bike and ditched the parts. Still has the original shock here dhx 4.0 which is gone now -the headset is about all that's left.
13.8 BB height - 64 HA - Sits really nice at 37.5lbs legit DH build.

pencil_sr

Chimp
Feb 2, 2010
Utah
I don't have any good pics at the moment, but my ride is a Transition Gran Mal, Diablous stem, bars and cranks, Sram X9 shifters/derailleurs (2x9) Manitou 6-way swinger in back, Manitou travis 203 single crown up front, and WTB Laser Disc DH wheels with saint hubs. I don't remember what the tires are, but the best part is I got the whole thing for 700 bucks last season!!:D

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Any reason for the Profiles? Or just because? looks good.
Because Profile is one of our team sponsors and they rock!
Everyone ask why the heavy cranks? Well The crank, hollow ti spindle, outboard bb, chainring, bolts etc. 975 grams - that's less than the Saints!
Not the lightest but, proven to be solid and dependable! Rockin the Profile hubs also.
I really like the current ones but, they are coming out with new hubs that will feature 204 point direct ingagement! Can't wait to get em!