post your 2010 rides!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yah, guess their numbers are like Giants... on paper they say 14.3 and 65 but,
actually lower and slacker. I have my fork height about as low as it can go so
maybe a little steeper than 63. But 64 is an educated guess. My Giant Glory was
64.5 last year and the Trek is noticeably slacker but not by a lot. So prob. 63.5-64
which feels real good!

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Because Profile is one of our team sponsors and they rock!
Everyone ask why the heavy cranks? Well The crank, hollow ti spindle, outboard bb, chainring, bolts etc. 975 grams - that's less than the Saints!
Not the lightest but, proven to be solid and dependable! Rockin the Profile hubs also.
I really like the current ones but, they are coming out with new hubs that will feature 204 point direct ingagement! Can't wait to get em!

Profile has outboard BB, do you have a pic of it?

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Profile has outboard BB, do you have a pic of it?
Pretty much looks like any other Isis BB cups. Only set up for their spindle size.
I think people were using FSA if I am not mistaken. So I guess Profile decided
to make their own. Has 2 sets of sealed bearings in each side. I likey them.

zzsean

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
Boulder, CO
40.8lbs. Large 951 with everything switch over from my Medium M6 frame (that is for sale). Wanted to try a larger frame and am excited to see how the 951 rides this season in the MSC.

Large 951, Fox 40, Rox RC4, Saint Cranks, Shimano 105 derailleur, Code Brakes, Deity bars & pedals, Maxxis 2.7 Minion front, 2.5 rear, DH tubes, e-13 Ali Stem, e-13 SRS 2010, Hadley hubs.

View attachment 100292

View attachment 100293

Last edited:

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Because Profile is one of our team sponsors and they rock!
Everyone ask why the heavy cranks? Well The crank, hollow ti spindle, outboard bb, chainring, bolts etc. 975 grams - that's less than the Saints!
Not the lightest but, proven to be solid and dependable! Rockin the Profile hubs also.
I really like the current ones but, they are coming out with new hubs that will feature 204 point direct ingagement! Can't wait to get em!

That is pretty light, with the chainring included,

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Yah, guess their numbers are like Giants... on paper they say 14.3 and 65 but,
actually lower and slacker. I have my fork height about as low as it can go so
maybe a little steeper than 63. But 64 is an educated guess. My Giant Glory was
64.5 last year and the Trek is noticeably slacker but not by a lot. So prob. 63.5-64
which feels real good!
The Glory's I've measured (with a Wixey gauge) have come out exactly as stated. I.e. crap.

fl1ppo

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
Frankfurt, Ger
2010 Boxxer race with crowns pushed all the way through.
There must be sth. wrong. When my Commencal is standing next to a Session of my buddy, it looks way slacker. And the numbers by the manufacturers tell the same...
Commencal: Boxxer, 63° headtube-sleeve
Session: Fox40 (even longer than a Boxxer)

But maybe you're right and my Commencal has an 61° angle. ;)

rubberdown

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
2010 is looking like fun with a hint of speed...
All thats left is shortening up them brake lines!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
my new 2010 ride:

one ride on it, so far. i love it. it is dirty, now.
I want to know how this bike rides, Ive been looking at a play bike and I'm really curious as to how it handles etc... Review when you get a bit of saddle time!
Im staying on the Jedi (its surgically hooked to me! :D) but I love trying different stuff to cruise on and play and this bike has been at the top of the list to mess with.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I want to know how this bike rides, Ive been looking at a play bike and I'm really curious as to how it handles etc... Review when you get a bit of saddle time!
Im staying on the Jedi (its surgically hooked to me! :D) but I love trying different stuff to cruise on and play and this bike has been at the top of the list to mess with.
How is the canfield not a play bike? It was originally designed for hucking gnarly drops!

Oh wait... it's just an excuse for you to buy another bike!! :)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
How is the canfield not a play bike? It was originally designed for hucking gnarly drops!

Oh wait... it's just an excuse for you to buy another bike!! :)
SOmething like that!!!
No the canfield is great for Freeride and rips single trac. Its a beast on a race course and corners great no complaints at all... It literally is my do it all bike.

BUT
I like trying new stuff I am not the biased guy thats says its the greatesd thing and has zero experience, Id rather keep my ace in the hole (jedi) and I can still goof off on other bikes and just have a good time riding.

But Lance just called and we chatted a bit, Ill try and get ahold of chris when he gets back, I found my new freeride rig, mini DH trail rig!!!

This is LAnces prototype, theres a few small changes but I beleive this will occupy a spot in my garage soon!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
my new 2010 ride:

one ride on it, so far. i love it. it is dirty, now.
I am wondering how this bike is selling for santa cruz? I almost bought one for this season because it is exactly what I wanted in a bike...I may get one next season.

What is crazy is that very few people are posting pics or generating any buzzz...heard almost nothing on it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I am wondering how this bike is selling for santa cruz? I almost bought one for this season because it is exactly what I wanted in a bike...I may get one next season.

What is crazy is that very few people are posting pics or generating any buzzz...heard almost nothing on it.
Literally, this is like the second one Ive seen in a year or so....
Hell I thought they scrapped the bike being as you dont see it.
Thats the thing you rarely see a SC guy posting his bike, very few v-10s etc but lots of Intense and others...

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Thats the thing you rarely see a SC guy posting his bike, very few v-10s etc but lots of Intense and others...
maybe the SC guys are out riding their bikes while the Intense guys are just posing:D

J/K Intense riders.;)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i am up to my a$$hole in snow so this is all i got right now :(

I hope people are buying it and riding the hell out of it, it's a great 'riders' bike...nothing to blingy but i bet you can ride that for many seasons without issue.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
First thing I thought when I saw the Driver 8 is ... what's that? Haven't heard of that before.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Seems like it could be a pretty capable bike with some -2 degree HA reducer cups. 66.5 is a bit steep for me but the rest of the Geo looks pretty dialed.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
i only have one ride on the driver 8, so far. i'm about to take it out for it's second ride, today.

but from the first ride, i felt right at home on the beast. my previous bike was a second generation V10. and i also have a last generation iron horse 7 point (with the straight top tube).

compared to the V10:
i like that the driver 8 doesn't sag so much into the travel. it's more playful and better for jumps and drops. the driver 8 is still very soft and supple, with excellent small bump compliance. yet, it maintains more trail feel, than the V10. the driver 8 pedals and accelerates great; better than my old V10. i also like the geometry of the driver 8. seems to have predictable over-steer, where the tail drifts out, instead of pushing the front tire. very stable and confidence inspiring on the steep, loose stuff.

compared to the 7 point:
the bottom bracket is much lower on the driver 8, with the same fork. like, an inch lower. the angles on the driver 8 are much more slack. the driver 8 is more plush and better at absorbing bumps.

after one ride, i definitely enjoy the driver 8. i have a feeling it's only going to get better. i'll get back to y'all after i do some more trail riding. today's ride consists of many turns and high speed rock sections...