Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
<snip>
Yeah, I am not sure what is going on. Wish I had that kind of money, and was able to get a $2,700 fork.
Well i have a pretty lucky situation this year, i was able to win the diablo series (with some luck) and won a full jamis dakar bam with a BOS fork, sold most of that to build up that demo 9. traded a 303 i had for the karpeil and i snow plow in north jersey. (super rich uppity neighborhood) i take my quad and ring doorbells and get about a grand cash per snowstorm. I was also lucky enough to snap my other (**** beaten) demo 9 frame, and get a new 1 that sold for 1000. I'm 18 in college so i dont have any "real" expenses like a mortgage and kids. I just have a few good situations and some luck.

*and you dont REALLY think i pay msrp for any of my stuff do you? :rolleyes: this is the bike industry, at least around my area, a bike shop would be happy to make 100 bucks, and charge a little over cost on a ______.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
not too worried about the fork, I just bought the Trek tonight brand new from the local Trek Store. Any problems, new fork.

Oh and the seat on the Evil is up so high because I took it out lastweek and tried to ride around the city in the snow. **** pedaling DH bikes around.

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
not too worried about the fork, I just bought the Trek tonight brand new from the local Trek Store. Any problems, new fork.

Oh and the seat on the Evil is up so high because I took it out lastweek and tried to ride around the city in the snow. **** pedaling DH bikes around.
mine's f-ed up 3x since last april.

-4 weeks, tons of oil leaking out of compression side.
-4 months, travel winding down to ~125mm
-10 months 2step now only activates to ~140mm

annoying..

It's a sweet bike though, love mine othewise.

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Well i have a pretty lucky situation this year, ......
But what is the need for multiple DH bikes? I'm truly baffled, surely one bike feels the most dialed for you and you just ride that all the time? Or do you really just grab a different rig each time? I know for sure i'd pick one sell the rest and go to whistler till the $ ran out.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
But what is the need for multiple DH bikes? I'm truly baffled, surely one bike feels the most dialed for you and you just ride that all the time? Or do you really just grab a different rig each time? I know for sure i'd pick one sell the rest and go to whistler till the $ ran out.
well duh, that is what anyone would do. Don't forget this is the internet.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
mine's f-ed up 3x since last april.

-4 weeks, tons of oil leaking out of compression side.
-4 months, travel winding down to ~125mm
-10 months 2step now only activates to ~140mm

annoying..

It's a sweet bike though, love mine othewise.
Have your LBS send it off to RS, they have fixed the issues with the 2-step.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
not an option, ive been trying to get my parents to let me do that, something about rocketing down a mountain in another country bothers them. :p I dont always take the same 1 either, they are pretty different bikes, each with a different strength or weakness, personally i wasnt a fan of the jedi on the us open course, so i rocked the 9, however, the jedi was used for all the other races, ect.. they all get their use, which almost works out better because less stuff wears out.

alfonz

Chimp
Jan 28, 2008
NYC
not an option, ive been trying to get my parents to let me do that, something about rocketing down a mountain in another country bothers them. :p I dont always take the same 1 either, they are pretty different bikes, each with a different strength or weakness, personally i wasnt a fan of the jedi on the us open course, so i rocked the 9, however, the jedi was used for all the other races, ect.. they all get their use, which almost works out better because less stuff wears out.

you need a girlfriend bro....

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
So in other words, you are using a bike as a scapegoat and possible attempt at a skill boost due to a lack of it.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
....[/QUOTE]

i dont understand the bitterness towards demo9. i only have one 6 year old dh frame (components are '10 stuff), and don't make near enough money to support three downhill rigs but still enjoy seeing his bikes. he puts together some quality builds. rather than raggin, why not support a fellow rider who obviously loves the sport alot?

it seems like the DH forum is all about hatin on others cuz they ride a glory or because they dont have this or that, or because they have something you wish you had, or just hatin in general.

guys, we have enough battles with equestrians/hikers/illegal trails being closed/image stuff/getting resorts to open up in the summer. if we bash another rider for not being what we think a downhiller should be, i don't see the sport/culture surviving much longer in that climate.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
i dont understand the bitterness towards demo9. i only have one 6 year old dh frame (components are '10 stuff), and don't make near enough money to support three downhill rigs but still enjoy seeing his bikes. he puts together some quality builds. rather than raggin, why not support a fellow rider who obviously loves the sport alot?

it seems like the DH forum is all about hatin on others cuz they ride a glory or because they dont have this or that, or because they have something you wish you had, or just hatin in general.

guys, we have enough battles with equestrians/hikers/illegal trails being closed/image stuff/getting resorts to open up in the summer. if we bash another rider for not being what we think a downhiller should be, i don't see the sport/culture surviving much longer in that climate.
+ Rep :thumb:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Do what you do, just crazy to have that many DH bikes.
I have 2 xc bikes. Does it make me a bad person or does the rule apply only to dh bikes? It really starts getting annoying how ppl get jealous over some of rm users that own totaly pimped out stuff and are not afraid to show it. Get over your insecurities - some people will have more money/girls/cars/blow/rubber dog sex toys than you.

Demo don't mind the comments. Love the builds and being a bike nerd I'd have as many bikes as possible if I had the cash.

Agree with zdubyadubya 100%

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
I have 2 xc bikes. Does it make me a bad person or does the rule apply only to dh bikes? It really starts getting annoying how ppl get jealous over some of rm users that own totaly pimped out stuff and are not afraid to show it. Get over your insecurities - some people will have more money/girls/cars/blow/rubber dog sex toys than you.

Demo don't mind the comments. Love the builds and being a bike nerd I'd have as many bikes as possible if I had the cash.

Agree with zdubyadubya 100%
I said demo was a bad person? No, I said it's crazy to have that many DH bikes. You have two, he has three your both crazy. Not bad people from what I can tell..

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I said demo was a bad person? No, I said it's crazy to have that many DH bikes. You have two, he has three your both crazy. Not bad people from what I can tell..
Sry, I should quote someone else with the latter part of my post. The crazy part xc bike was only directed at you ;) Though I don't feel like I'm crazy, I just like to own things. I also have much too much different headphones and I have trouble selling/throwing away stuff. The 2nd xc bike is much to small for me ;)

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or

Blah blah blah, makes sense doesnt matter on the interweb. And "hating" goes on in every "bro" sport. Go to a supercross race and you get the same crap. Ranting about how stupid it is doesnt get **** done. Go shake some hands with equestrians and hikers if you want to make friends.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Sry, I should quote someone else with the latter part of my post. The crazy part xc bike was only directed at you ;) Though I don't feel like I'm crazy, I just like to own things. I also have much too much different headphones and I have trouble selling/throwing away stuff. The 2nd xc bike is much to small for me ;)
To help the cause, instead of selling/throwing away, sell and find something different. :thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
To help the cause, instead of selling/throwing away, sell and find something different. :thumb:
Yeah, I'm planning to get a 2nd snowboard when I sell my xc bike ;)

Blah blah blah, makes sense doesnt matter on the interweb. And "hating" goes on in every "bro" sport. Go to a supercross race and you get the same crap. Ranting about how stupid it is doesnt get **** done. Go shake some hands with equestrians and hikers if you want to make friends.
So if there is hate we have to agree with it because it's a bro sport? Sir please go and be cool somewhere else.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
ok then I am crazy also.
i have a 2010 Glory, 09 Demo7 set up for dh,09 Sinister Guitr,08 Transition Double, 09 Commencal Absolut 4x, 09 Dobermann Le Pink, 96 Specialized M2 set up xc ss, 2 road bikes and a fixed gear.

Some of us have a passion for bikes, others that feel the same way and appreciate nice bikes, builds and what other bike nuts have. Being a bike fanatic we either find deals or have hook ups in the industry or spend our money on a healthly addiction instead of wasting it on drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.
then there are the whiners because they are jealous of what other people have. They are going to bitch, ridicule, find anything wrong with someone else's bike or bikes just so they can feel big in their own head.

Last edited:

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
If the above is directed at me: Where was I complaining? All I am saying is it's crazy to have that many bikes considering you can only ride one at a time.

Besides, if I could I would have an Audi R8V10, Koenigsegg Agera, Lambroghini Superleggra, an SSC forgot what it's called (broke the Bugatti's record). Even though I could only drive one at a time. I think it's more that people (me) look at people with these gazzailon dollar bicyles and just hope their riding skill matches.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
It is nice to have a range of bikes. Yes you can ride one at a time but there are different places to ride and some bikes work better in different places. It is also nice to be able to have options. Really you don't wear the same clothes or shoes everyday.
Also the good part is if one bike breaks you are not stuck without a bike for a few days. There is always something else to ride.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
If the above is directed at me: Where was I complaining? All I am saying is it's crazy to have that many bikes considering you can only ride one at a time.

Besides, if I could I would have an Audi R8V10, Koenigsegg Agera, Lambroghini Superleggra, an SSC forgot what it's called (broke the Bugatti's record). Even though I could only drive one at a time. I think it's more that people (me) look at people with these gazzailon dollar bicyles and just hope their riding skill matches.
Read again please. I stated that not all of it was directed at you...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Besides, if I could I would have an Audi R8V10, Koenigsegg Agera, Lambroghini Superleggra, an SSC forgot what it's called (broke the Bugatti's record)...
you're from SoCal or what?

btw: this discussion is senseless.... i'm jealous, when i see those 16 y/o kids, changing their DH bikes every year, and they only own the top of the line stuff, while i ride a '08 glory. but on the other side i have a girlfriend and they call their right hands "darling". so i guess everything equals out in the long run... :D

Last edited: