Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
you're from SoCal or what?

btw: this discussion is senseless.... i'm jealous, when i see those 16 y/o kids, changing their DH bikes every year, and they only own the top of the line stuff, while i ride a '08 glory. but on the other side i have a girlfriend and they call their right hands "darling". so i guess everything equals out in the long run... :D
I can understand that about the 16yr olds. I am much older then that work my azz off for what I have and have a very understanding wife. Although I think if I get one more bike she may flip out......

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
And people from socal are the most arrogant people i have ever met. Wether it be the music scene or bikers it is the same bs
Hi. I'm from socal. I now live in norcal, but that's besides the point.

I'm sorry you think I'm arrogant, but you're not helping us socal snobs think any better of you by being misinformed.

808 is in Hawaii.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Hi. I'm from socal. I now live in norcal, but that's besides the point.

I'm sorry you think I'm arrogant, but you're not helping us socal snobs think any better of you by being misinformed.

808 is in Hawaii.
well after being to socal and norcal a few times the attitude is totally different.
NorCal the people are pretty cool. SoCal everyone has that snobbish, better then you attitude. I have a few friends that moved from NYC to socal who couldn't stand the bs and moved back. So from experience how is that misinformed?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
well after being to socal and norcal a few times the attitude is totally different.
NorCal the people are pretty cool. SoCal everyone has that snobbish, better then you attitude. I have a few friends that moved from NYC to socal who couldn't stand the bs and moved back. So from experience how is that misinformed?
Because like the guy said, he's from the 808 state, not socal.

Also because you're making generalizations about an entire population of people without firsthand experience AND judging a complete stranger's personality based on where they are geographically located. That's how.

And to get back on track... here's a shot of my bike partially built. I don't have any of it complete because it's not too clean very often now that it's built.

I don't have more than one DH bike, but if I could have a spare for my friends to ride when they visit, I totally would.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Did you install the white stickers or did it come with them?
I have kind of a strange story about that.

I was trying to figure out what color stickers came on the 951 since I knew there was a day I MIGHT post a picture on ride monkey and wanted my new 40 lowers to match (it's all about looks right? right.). I figured white would look cool, so when I ordered the frame I asked intense if I could also get it with the white stickers instead of black.

I was told at the time that there was only the red/white stickers that come on the white 951 and the black/white stickers that go on every other color 951. I was bummed because I also found out that fox no longer had any black 40s in stock so I got the white lowers.

Then the frame shows up and sweet! White stickers! Mine is one of the few that I've ever seen with white. No clue how or why. Maybe the guy I talked to on the phone sorted it out after I hung up or something.

The white stickers with the 40 looks good though right guys? It doesn't make my ass look fat?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
wow, you just called out a lot of people who post on this site. this is one of the most absurd posts I've ever read.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Yeah well just personal experience with socal attitude. Honestly I don't think all socal people are like that. There are lots of NYers and east coast people that are like that also.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
What's really crazy about SoCal is how many people are here from the east coast, most SoCal people who are from here are much different than all the transplants. Here's a picture of my Dh bike for this year, I love this thing. And what I really love is how much I get to ride it YEAR ROUND. :D

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Yeah well just personal experience with socal attitude. Honestly I don't think all socal people are like that. There are lots of NYers and east coast people that are like that also.
I think you'll find snobs 'all over the world - tonight' :rofl:

Anyway, not much point talking about peeps one doesnt know eh? In my experience a lot of the time shyness gets mistaken for snobbery.

Where are the hot bikes anyhow? That Morewood is killa.:thumb:

Nov 11, 2007
norcal
spend our money on a healthly addiction instead of wasting it on drugs, alcohol or cigarettes
I have somewhere between 10-12 bicycles (lost count, but I've sold a couple!) out in the garage, and yet I still waste lots of money on more bike parts and excessive alcohol. Does this mean the two cancel each other out?

And by the way WTF is up with this Norcal/Socal rivalry still going on? We established dominance years ago!

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
My other somewhat new bike for 2010. It's a blur 4x, and so far it is by far my favorite bike, mainly for its versatility and all around awesomeness.

I just pulled the lowers off the fork and one side had no oil and the other leg was a brown sludge. I bought it used. :rolleyes:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
if i recall correctly, a fox 40 with WHITE stickers is/was/supposed to be an OEM fork, where as a fox 40 with blue stickers, is supposed to be aftermarket.
Oh, gotcha. The stickers I was referring to were those on the 951 frame rather than the 40. Cool to know though.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Until NorCal has legitimate rocky steep trails besides NorthStar and Pacifica, NorCal is the bitch of the relationship.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Thought I was going to be on my lucky. Heres my new bike instead. Borrowing a fork from a buddy until I figure out what I want.