Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

Tamo

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Sweden
Neuro I love your bike :rockout:

Would love to try one out..
Does anyone know how much the Summum frame weighs in medium?

Neuro

Chimp
Dec 29, 2006
looking at the seat height, the bars rolled forwards and the long stem he probably should be on a large

get my L summum in april, cant wait

I am 1,79 , so both M or Large size could be a good option....
I talked with Cesar Rojo and he suggeted me a Medium and I believe that for me is the correct choice because with the cups on -1 degrees (62°) and the chainstay on 440mm, the wheellbase is exactly 1185mm that is a very spot on geometry in my opinion.
With the large frame with the same setup probabily the wheelbase is about 3 centimeters longer, about 1215 cm that is too much for me.

The bars on the photo is rolled forwards because I taked the picture when I have just installed it on the bike. That is not the correct riding position...is just a photo.

Instead for the saddle, In this seasons I want to try to ride the saddle quite height because, with the seat angle of 73,5° is naturally to do a off of the seat (is right???) and with the seat quite tall is very good on the pedalled parts of the race.

If anyone is interested the bike is 15,8 kg (about 35 lbs) without that crappy Race face stem( showed in the pictures), but with the original 50mm direct mounted.
With my Hope ProII Mavic 721 Maxxis High Roller 2,5 dual ply , and Maxxis Freeride tubes the weight is about 16,4 Kg.

I have done only three rides with it, but I believe that the bike is absolutely amazing.
Exceeds by far my previos bikes: Kona Stab Primo 2003, Demo 8 2005, V10 2006 and Commencal Supreme dh2007.

The stability, the grip and the facility on the curves are something never tried, and with that weight it pedals and sprints like my Commencal meta 666.

I apologize to all for my poor grammar......

Best regards

Neuro

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Love the Mond and the BOS equipped Morewood!

Thanks to my dog's impending cataract surgery, I'll be soldiering through another season on ol'faithful...

Only "new" item is a used Boxxer in lieu of a Totem (well, that and a new bottle of Bushmills)

Low BB's and 63* HA's are so last year...

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
...and here's my ride for 2010 with all the latest upgrades:
Alligator WindCutters rotors + Unex Ceramic pads
Giant Connect SL CF seatpost
DSP 300lbs Titanium spring
Pro Vanderham white grips

Torrendo

Chimp
Jan 27, 2006
Spain
Hi there

Always wanted a Sunday so here it is...

Teams '10
Vivid 5.1
Full Saint except Hubs (Hope) and shifter (XtR) amd Ultegra 12-25
Sun Rims MTX31 Welded
Maxxis HR + DHf

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Do you reside in America? If so where did you get this frame?
cant you read? maybe not? but if you looked at ronins location it would say France... :thumb:

and what do you need that frame for? diablo?? yeaaaa riiiiiiight that bike isnt going to make you any faster, most likely slower.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Here's an updated picture of my bike with the new Boxxer WC, truvativ direct stem, and Gravity 777 flat bars. It's 38.9 on the scale, and I have no plans of lightening the build.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
hopefully this years treks decide to stay in one piece...i heard one horror story of the down tube crumpling, idk about you, but the adjective 'crumple' in reference to my down tube, scares me...

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
i've heard great things about the session in terms of how it rides, how its nice and light etc....but i have also heard from several people about the frame not lasting...that's all...