Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Geez, mate, I can't understand how You can be so patience?! :D I was devastated when I got the news my Glory was late two months ;) But I still had a chance to ride it November and now on spring ;P

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Geez, mate, I can't understand how You can be so patience?! :D I was devastated when I got the news my Glory was late two months ;) But I still had a chance to ride it November and now on spring ;P
Well I can't understand it either but I really want the legend so I'm kinda set on it. Unless the superco or the 225 are available before it comes to me (which should be 2 weeks tops so little chance) I'm not changing my mind ;)

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
2008 Morewood Izimu:

2010 Boxxer Team
Twenty6 Boxxer Direct Mount
Truvativ Boo Bar 780mm
Saint Brakes
Saint Cranks
E13 LG1+
KMC X9sl Gold Chain
Twenty6 Rallye Pedal
SDG Carbon Micro Post
SDG I-Fly
Cane CreeK Double Barrel w/Ti
Saint derail.
Sram DH Cassette
2009 Dee Max
Continental Kaiser DH

Last edited by a moderator:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Well I can't understand it either but I really want the legend so I'm kinda set on it. Unless the superco or the 225 are available before it comes to me (which should be 2 weeks tops so little chance) I'm not changing my mind ;)
I can build You SuperCo with some steel pipes laying around in the basement :P

MM_Freak

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Western Mass.
Heres my ride. Im still working on finishing it up but you can see the final product.
Large Demo 8
DHX 5 Pushed
Manitou travis triple ti
MSC 560 wheels
Hayes Stroker ace
Answer Protaper bar
Answer rove pedal
gamut p30
funn skinny rl saddle
King headset
X9 drive train.
More pics to come once I get it outside.

Attachments

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
you wont be disappointed!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
It'd be hard after that much wait and my current frame having some funky susp/geo. Probably I'll be really objective after a looooooong time ;) Still the faster I get it the faster I'm off the forums ;)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
well, i dont have a lot of time on the legend just yet but i can definitely say they are two totally different animals. legend eats rock gardens for breakfast, commencal was definitely more agile/twitchy. both have their plus sides, but legend comes out on top by a fair bit.

love both bikes tho, commencal suited my style back then, legend suits my style now. :)

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
Its odd that its a 2010 frame with top end everything from..........2010, and its got a 5 to 7 year old shock. Pimped or not that is odd. The frame/bike must of came with a new shock????? Is a pimped 5th better then a brand new Rc4 or Vivid?????? With the amount of cash thrown at that bike why not a CCDB, Bos or Elka?????
No dissrespect as its a sick bike, but I'm just curious.
We have a Suspension guy here in Vancouver that works magic with 5th's.
It's completely rebuilt with a fox shim stack in it, plushest shock I've ever ridden. http://www.suspensionwerx.com As for the fork, I'll take what I'm given, the black boxxer was taken off and sold, the white fork was tuned for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Its odd that its a 2010 frame with top end everything from..........2010, and its got a 5 to 7 year old shock. Pimped or not that is odd. The frame/bike must of came with a new shock????? Is a pimped 5th better then a brand new Rc4 or Vivid?????? With the amount of cash thrown at that bike why not a CCDB, Bos or Elka?????
No dissrespect as its a sick bike, but I'm just curious.
We have a Suspension guy here in Vancouver that works magic with 5th's.
It's completely rebuilt with a fox shim stack in it, plushest shock I've ever ridden. http://www.suspensionwerx.com As for the fork, I'll take what I'm given, the black boxxer was taken off and sold, the white fork was tuned for me.
Yea, the 5th's were surprisingly good good chassis, they just biffed (no pun intended) by going with cvt valving instead of shims, and used a few seals and bushings that were a little too stiff. A few parts and a little bit of love put that shock on par with many of the shocks currently available.

Craig at avalanche does the service to these shocks as well for about $150 I believe.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
This is what I will be racing on this season.

Frame: Trek Session 88 size L.
Rear suspension: Fox DHX RC4. Ti-spring 450lbs. Stock S88 tune. Resi-DU bushes.
Front suspension: Fox 40 RC2, hard compression tune. Ti-spring, medium. Fox/Trek-decals.
Brakes: Formula The One, 200mm disc front/180mm disc rear. Ti-hardware.
Bars: RaceFace Atlas FR, cut to 760mm.
Stem: Race Atlas FR directmount, 50mm. Ti-hardware.
Cranks: RaceFace Atlas FR. Blood red, 170mm/83mm.
Chain guide: Gamut P40, alu-hardware.
Chainring: G Ring 38t, alu-hardware.
Rear mech: SRAM X.0 Redwin Supershort.
Shifter: SRAM X.0 Redwin, alu-hardware.
Chain: SRAM RED PC1090R hollowpin.
Cassette: SRAM PG970 12-26.
Saddle: SDG I-fly, custom cover.
Seatpost: SDG carbon. Ti-hardware.
Wheels: Mavic 721 rims, DT comp silver, DT brass nipples, Nukeproof 20mm F/150mm x 12mm R.
Tire/Tube: Pictured; Schwalbe Dirty Dan 2,5″/Continental MTB tubes. Will vary during the season.
The rest: Lizard Skins Peaty-grips / SRAM wire & housing / Cane Creek headset / Carbon a-head spacers / Carbon-topcap / Some more Ti. and alu bolts / Trek seat clamp.

Big thanks to Trek Sweden, Fox Shox/Formula brakes/RaceFace components/Mavic/Urge helmets Nordic and SRAM Sweden.

Haven't weighed it yet, a tad past 37lbs/16.8kg with shimano DX spds I think.

Last edited:

eater

Monkey
Nov 25, 2005
Switzerland
Finally posting this badboy here, the Snot Rocket:rofl:
Its sitting in 41.1lbs with a burly build kit.
It'll get lighter eventually, but no big rush.
I haven't even gotten all that much saddle time but the initial results are good.
Coming off the Cove Shocker it feels plusher, yet more lively. Cornering is so fun on this too, you sit "in" the bike, not "on" it. Don't know if its the cockpit differences or lower BB, but I dig it! I haven't hit any really chunky stuff on it yet, but I think it'll be pretty good:thumb:
i think thats the low bb and the backward wheel path.. that you feel more in the bike. nice rig !!

OGjoecool

Chimp
Apr 4, 2010
new joisey
Just got a sweet deal on a brand new sunday elite...putting boxxers on it though...anyone wanna buy a totem solo air cheap? or trade for boxxers?here's the pic..

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
here's mine...

update my MK1 with an ELKA and the BOS Idyllic.... MK2 coming later...

The Hardtail is a PDC Kingpin... do all bike! lovin git!

(Note: i need to lower the cockpit of my MK1 next... plus swapping my super heavy Gravity cranks, not the lite mind you, to RF Atlas FR! Woo Hoo!!!)

Last edited: